Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Pie is an easy recipe that everyone will love. It’s one of the best homemade desserts to take to a party, serve on a holiday, or share with family.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Pie
I have loved chocolate pie since I was a little girl. My grandmother would whip up a chocolate pie from scratch before we would even get out of bed.
I am always on the look out to try different chocolate pie recipes. When I figured out you can add sweetened condensed milk and create a chocolate pie, I was one happy girl. And, I promise you’ll love this chocolate pie with condensed milk.
Pie is a staple in the South, for sure. It’s a delicious treat for any occasion in my book. And, when you add sweetened condensed milk to the recipe, you know it’s going to be a hit.
What you will need to make this pie:
- Pie pan
- Nilla Wafers
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cream Cheese
- Chocolate chips
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
There are a few steps to the condensed milk chocolate pie, but they are worth every bit.
Start by crushing the Nilla Wafers in a bag. I used about half of the Nilla Wafer box to get what I needed for the pie crust.
Add the Nilla Wafers, cocoa, and powdered sugar to a medium-sized bowl.
Melt the butter and pour into the bowl and mix everything together.
Press the mixture into a greased pie pan. A 9″ pie pan is the perfect size. Mine is 9-1/2″ so the pie crust didn’t make it all the way up the side. But, that’s ok, because when the pie cooks, it will still be perfect.
Tips for the perfect pie crust:
If you have a Cuisinart, add the Nilla Wafers and crush them up well. Then add the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa and mix.
If you don’t have a Cuisinart, that is ok, just make sure you crush the wafers completely in the bag (mine could have used a little more crushing).
If you would like to make a gluten-free pie crust, you can use gluten-free graham crackers instead of Nilla Wafers.
For the filling, add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and mix until the cheese is creamy.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix it together.
Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl and add to the mixture. Isn’t this the most delicious-looking picture! I love it.
Mix in the chocolate. Mmmm…I really think you could make this into a dip, as well. Might have to create a new post for a dip recipe.
Add the eggs and vanilla and give it all a good stir.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the pie shell.
Bake the sweetened condensed milk pie for 30-35 minutes at 350-degrees.
Tips for the perfect pie:
Set the cream cheese out on the counter for a couple of hours to soften before mixing.
Let it cool and that’s it! The combination of smooth, sweet, and crunchy is really to die for. I promise you’ll love it!
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Other Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie
- Double Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
You can also make caramel with a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Take the label off of the can, place it in a saucepan, and cover with water. Put the lid on.
- Bring the water to a boil. Once it boils turn it down to simmer. (Make sure it’s still covered with water).
- Simmer for about 1-1/2 hours with the lid on.
- Turn the can over and simmer one more hour.
- Let it cool and then open for some sweet caramel.
What is sweetened condensed milk used for?
Sweetened condensed milk is used mainly in desserts. You can use it for making homemade ice cream, cookies, pies, and more. You can even use it in your coffee as a sweet creamer.
Does sweetened condensed milk go bad?
Yes, it can go bad after the expiration date. Once you open the can, the milk will last for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
What does sweetened condensed milk taste like?
Sweetened condensed milk tastes like a thick sweet milk. You can also purchase it fat free or in a squeeze bottle, so you don’t have to use the can all at once.
Can I use a graham cracker crust?
Yes, you can use a graham cracker crust if you do not want a chocolate crust.
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Nilla Wafers
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Crush the Nilla Wafers in a Ziplock bag
- Add Nilla Wafers, cocoa, and powdered sugar to a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Add the melted butter and mix.
- Press into a 9" pie pan and set aside.
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Melt the chocolate chips for about 50 seconds, and add to the mixture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35-minutes at 350-degrees.
- Let cool and serve.
- Add some whipped topping or ice cream or additional fun and flavor!
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 819 Total Fat: 45g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 135mg Sodium: 551mg Carbohydrates: 96g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 70g Protein: 12g
Check out more delicious recipes at: