Chocolate brownie pizza recipe is an easy treat that is decadent, versatile, and fun for any party.
The delicious brownie pizza is the perfect dessert to make and to get the kids involved in helping.
You can even make a dessert pizza party out of it. This recipe will definitely become a family favorite.
We all love pizza and pizza parties around here, but we are crazy about dessert pizza.
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by the Dixie Crystals for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. As always, the opinions are honest and are all my own.
It’s such a great dessert because you can decorate with tons of toppings for any holiday, it makes a large pan, and the kids love decorating.
You can make a brownie fruit pizza, top it for a patriotic holiday, decorate for Christmas, or just about anything in between.
This has the best flavor and you will be in dessert bliss for sure.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Chocolate Brownie Pizza?
- Butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Granulated white sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting (store-bought)
- Candy for topping (candy corn, Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chips, sprinkles)
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The Delicious Dessert
- Heat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 14-inch pizza pan with some non stick cooking spray.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl and mix.
- Next, add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs, and mix well.
- Sift the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add about eight ounces of chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
- Spread the brownie batter onto a 14-inch greased pizza pan and top with the remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Bake the brownie for 25-30 minutes and then allow it to cool.
- Once the brownie cools, spread the frosting on the top and sprinkle the candy on top of the frosting.
Start by adding the melted butter to a large bowl.
I used my stand mixer, but a hand electric mixer will work just fine.
Add the granulated sugar to the bowl.
For this recipe, I used Dixie Crystals. It’s delicious and it’s available at most stores.
Next, add the brown sugar to the bowl and mix.
Pour the vegetable oil into the mixing bowl.
Add the vanilla extract to the bowl.
Next, add the eggs to the bowl and mix well.
Place the flour into a sifter over a bowl.
Add the unsweetened cocoa and salt to the sifter and sift all three ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
I placed my sifter over the bowl and sifted, but you can sift however it’s easiest and least messy.
Once you sift the dry ingredients mix everything together well.
Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
Spread the brownie batter into a greased 14-inch pizza pan and sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 25 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Once the chocolate brownie pizza is done baking, let it cool for at least half an hour.
If you don’t have a round pizza pan, just use a cookie sheet with edges. No need to go buy something new.
We will eat the brownies no matter what shape they are in.
Once the brownie cools spread the frosting on top of the cooled brownies.
This is a great place to switch things out the next time you make the dessert pizza.
You can add some peanut butter frosting, cream cheese frosting, or any type of frosting you’d like to add.
Sprinkle the candy on top. You can add the same ones I did or add your own toppings.
This is definitely the fun part of the pizza party.
I bought some Halloween sprinkles on Amazon, grabbed a bag of candy corn, and added some Reese’s Pieces.
Just slice and eat!
Other Optional Toppings
- Peanut butter cups
- Fresh fruit
- Strawberry slices
- Fresh berries
- Candy canes
- Milk chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips
- Gummy bears
- Or, add any of your favorite candies
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips + 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces frosting
- Candy toppings
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 14-inch round pizza pan.
- Add the melted butter to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix.
- Pour the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add eight ounces of chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
- Spread the batter onto the greased pizza pan and sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and allow the brownies to cool.
- Once the brownies cool, spread the frosting over the top and sprinkle the candy all over the brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 2gSugar: 73gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Jack-O-Lantern Apple Slice Pops from Big Bear’s Wife
- Monster Eyeball Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Churro Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches’ Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
- Ghostly Poptarts from An Affair from the Heart
- Deadly Dark Chocolate Layer Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.