I love easy meals. I can’t stress that enough. We sometimes go non-stop around here and it’s nice to come home after driving all over creation to a meal that is pretty much done. Oh, happy day.
I tend to cook a lot of chicken meals around here, and my husband gets kind of tired of chicken on occasion, so I try to mix it up a little bit, all while making my life easier.
This doesn’t start out looking super appetizing, but most Crock Pot meals don’t. You just have to trust going in that when it’s done, it’s delicious.
All you need to do is throw in the chicken breasts, water, butter, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir it up and put the lid on, and bam, you’re done! All you gotta do is wait for it to cook.
On a side note, I love the words butter and cream. Don’t they make you happy? You know something is going to taste really great if you’ve added something creamy and buttery. It’s going to be hard to wait those 6-8 hours until it’s done. Especially when the scent starts filling up the house.
This meal will feed 6 people and fill them up. If you’d like to add more chicken you can do that. I would add a little more rice at the end, as well.
Recipe and printable instructions at the bottom of the post.
Set your Crock Pot for 6 hours on medium, or 8 hours on low. I am of the belief that if you set it for longer, it’s going to be a little more tender, whether it’s beef or chicken.
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups rice (plain or Spanish)
- 1-2 cups water for rice at the end of the recipe
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cook for a total of 6 hours on medium or 8 hours on low.
- Add the chicken, 3 cups water, can of cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and butter to the Crock Pot.
- Stir and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 5 hours on medium, or 7 hours on low.
- After cooking, shred the chicken and add the rice.
- Add 1-2 cups of water over the rice, if needed. (Just make sure water covers the rice).
- Cook for one more hour, (check in 1/2 hour to see if rice is finished cooking).
- Add more water, if needed, to cook the rice more.
- Stir everything.
- When rice is finished cooking, add the cheese, mix well, and serve hot.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 524mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 23g