Chocolate Velveeta fudge recipe is one of those fun and unique dessert recipes. It makes a great gift for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
The combination of the creamy and flavorful Kraft Velveeta cheese and chocolate go hand-in-hand.
The saltiness of the Velveeta cheese along with the sweet flavor of chocolate create a mouthwatering combination that can’t be beaten.
Chocolate Cheese Fudge
I already know what you’re thinking. Velveeta cheese mixture and fudge? No way. Can’t do it. Won’t do it. It’s a strange combination.
But, you know what? It’s a great combination, moreover, the key ingredient, Velveeta cheese, makes the chocolate fudge smooth and soft.
The marriage of saltiness and sugar makes you want more. It’s a surprisingly great treat.
I love a lot of the Velveeta recipes out there, and this is by far, one of my favorites now.
The first time I heard about the fudge recipe I was pretty skeptical, but intrigued. After I posted my peanut butter fudge recipe on Facebook, I got several comments about Velveeta fudge. So, I thought it would be a fun idea to make and try.
I called up a friend who I’d recently had a conversation with about adding the creamy cheese to my fudge. She had a recipe, sent it over, and I got to work.
I think you’ll find it’s pretty darn good. And the kicker? It’s easy. Super easy.
Love caramel? Give this Chocolate Turtle Fudge a try.
Ingredient List For Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Kraft Foods Velveeta Cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Pecans or walnuts
How do you make Velveeta Fudge?
- Sift the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the unsalted butter and Velveeta cheese in a double boiler.
- Pour over the cocoa and powdered sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Mix everything together and pour into an 9 x 9-inch pan. Make sure this is a greased prepared pan.
- Optional: Sprinkle pecans over the top.
- Cool the fudge for several hours and serve.
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
First, add powdered sugar (also known as confectioner’s sugar) to a sifter.
I use a large sifter and set it inside of a large bowl.
Next, add the unsweetened cocoa to the sifter.
You’ll need to sift the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa together.
Start sifting the two ingredients together.
Sifting the two ingredients will help mix them together much better than just stirring. Once you’re done sifting, set aside.
Dice the butter and cheese into small pieces.
Add the Velveeta cheese and butter mixture to a double boiler and melt over medium heat.
If you don’t have a double boiler, never fear. I don’t have a double boiler, so I took one of my mixing bowls and placed it over my saucepan; however, not all bowls will work for this.
I know that my bowls are tempered and can handle the boiling water underneath. So, be sure that your bowls can take the heat if you’re planning to go that route.
I filled up the saucepan halfway with water and brought it to a boil, then I placed the bowl on top, filled it with cheese and butter, and melted everything.
Melt Velveeta and butter together. It took about ten minutes for the cheese to melt. Stir occasionally.
You can also melt this in the microwave for a few minutes. Make sure you have a microwave-safe bowl and that you stir at 30 second intervals.
This is a great recipe for those that don’t like to worry about candy thermometers or getting fudge to a soft-ball stage. This recipe just calls for you to melt and go.
Pour the melted Velveeta Cheese and butter into the dried ingredients. Add the vanilla extract and mix everything together.
Spread the fudge into an 9 x 9-inch dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
You sprinkle pecans or walnuts to the top of the candy if you’d like, or just leave it plain. It will have a velvety texture.
You can use am 8 x 8-inch pan if that is all you have. This dish will not work in a 9 x 13-inch pan unless you double the recipe.
Let the fudge set up in the fridge for about three hours before serving.
It will be hard to keep your hands off of it, though. It has such a delicious and creamy texture, is super chocolatey, and a lot of fun to make.
How Do I Store The Easy Velveeta Fudge Recipe?
You can store the fudge in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Crock Pot mac and cheese – this recipe calls for plenty of parmesan, cheddar and a pound of Velveeta Cheese. The final product is cheesy and so delish.
- Famous Rotel Queso Dip Recipe from Rotel
- Velveeta Cheeseburger Macaroni from Kraft
More Fudge Recipes
- Tiger butter fudge – this is an easy fudge recipe and it turns out beautiful with swirls of chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Butter pecan fudge – butter pecan fudge is made with brown sugar, white sugar, powdered sugar, and plenty of pecans for one delicious and decadent treat.
- Maple walnut fudge – this fudge is creamy, rich, and made with real maple syrup.
- 5-Minute fudge – this microwave fudge recipe is super easy to make and prep work is done in five minutes.
Check out the Velveeta fudge recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start creating! This is a great dessert any time of the year!
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your fudge on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup butter
- 8 oz. Velveeta
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Sift the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa together in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Melt cheese and butter in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the vanilla and stir everything together.
- Pour into an 9" x 9" greased dish and spread out.
- Optional: sprinkle pecans or walnuts on top.
TIP: the cheese and butter can be melted in the microwave, instead of on the stove top. Just make sure you stir every 30 seconds and use a microwave-safe bowl.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.