Easy pumpkin spice bread with maple cream icing might just be one of the best autumn desserts out there.
It’s moist, has all the fall spices, a drizzle of icing right on top to add some sweetness to the bread, and is the perfect pumpkin treat.
The winter season is complete with this favorite pumpkin bread.
The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
If I could add pumpkin to everything this time of year, I would. Trust me.
I had good intentions to share this with the neighbors last night, but after taking a few bites, and the family scarfing down the bread, we didn’t have any leftovers to share.
It is a blend of warm pumpkin flavor and comforting tastes.
And, who doesn’t love perfectly moist pumpkin bread?
Ingredients For Easy Pumpkin Spice Bread With Maple Cream Icing?
Simple Pumpkin Bread
- All-purpose flour
- Packed brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Canned pumpkin
- Softened butter
Maple Cream Icing
- Confectioners sugar
- Maple syrup
- Heavy cream
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make The Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
How To Make Pumpkin Bread and Icing?
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the wet ingredients and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until the tester comes out clean and cool loaf on the counter.
- After the bread cools, mix the confectioners sugar, maple syrup, and heavy cream in a medium bowl and pour over the bread.
First, combine flour, brown sugar, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in the bowl. Mix it a bit to combine.
You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this recipe.
A lot of people like to use pumpkin pie spice because it brings together several fall spices.
But, I like to add the individual spices myself because I think it adds more flavor.
Add the eggs, milk, softened butter, and pumpkin puree to the flour mixture.
Mix everything together well on low speed.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
This is not a quick bread recipe, but it is sure worth the wait.
Allow the pumpkin bread to cool.
Maple Cream Icing
Add the powdered sugar to a bowl.
Next, add the heavy cream and maple syrup and mix everything together.
The syrup gives it such a wonderful rich flavor. It brings out the spices in the easy pumpkin bread recipe for a full-flavored treat.
If you need a little more heavy cream, just add about 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
Or, if the icing is too thin, you can add a teaspoon of powdered sugar and mix to thicken it up a little.
If you want to add frosting instead, give cream cheese frosting a try.
The frosting is a bit of a creamier frosting than the icing, but both are very good.
Once the bread has cooled to room temperature, pour the icing over the top.
It was hard not to take a fork and just start eating it right then and there.
Once you slice it, it is so moist that it’s a bit of a mess, but it’s all the same going down.
The bread has the best pumpkin flavor, and warm spices, and is a delicious sweet bread with icing. It’s definitely one of my favorite things.
This is the best pumpkin recipe. If you bring this to a party, I guarantee you will be the talk of the party.
You can also add a handful of chopped pecans on top if you like those.
How Do I Store The Bread?
You can store the bread in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator.
And you can slice it the next day and toast it in the oven. It’s so good.
Can The Bread Be Frozen?
Yes, the bread can be frozen for up to two months. Just make sure you place it in a freezer bag. You can leave it on the counter to thaw out.
Can You Make Muffins With This Recipe?
Yes, you can make muffins with this recipe; just use muffin pans. You can also use mini loaf pans if you want to share the bread as gifts.
You will want to turn your oven up about 25 degrees more than the recipe bread directions if making muffins or mini loaves.
Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin desserts are always tasty during the holidays. They are rich, decadent, and easy to make.
- Classic pumpkin pie – the easy recipe is perfect for any holiday but especially loved on Thanksgiving.
- Cream cheese brownies with pumpkin – Just combine pumpkin, chocolate, and a few other ingredients, and you have one amazingly delicious dessert. It’s perfect for the fall season.
- Pumpkin dump cake – this is a favorite fall recipe that is made in the slow cooker. It’s perfect for parties and gatherings and is the perfect treat.
- Pumpkin pecan pie – can’t decide between the two? Make both! It’s a great recipe.
- Pumpkin spice whipped cream from The Cookie Rookie is a great addition to any fall treat.
Moist Pumpkin Bread With Maple Cream Icing
Head down to the grocery store to get the ingredients for the homemade pumpkin bread.
It’s a great recipe that is easy to make. It will make your kitchen smell amazing, and it’s a great way to get those kids out of their rooms!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream (add more if needed)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Prepare loaf pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the milk, eggs, butter, and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased bread 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the confectioners sugar, maple syrup, and heavy cream. Add more cream if needed.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled pumpkin loaf.
You can also line the loaf pan with parchment paper if you want to lift the loaf out with ease.
Some people love chocolate chips in their pumpkin bread. If you want chocolate chips, add one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter and bake as usual.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g