Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Icing might just be one of the best pumpkin treats I’ve ever eaten. It’s moist, has all the fall spices, and has a drizzle of icing right on top to add some sweetness to the bread.
If I could add pumpkin to everything this time of year, I would. Trust me. I had good intentions to share this with the neighbors, but after taking a few bites, and the family scarfing down the bread, we didn’t have any left over to share.
And who doesn’t love a perfectly moist pumpkin bread?
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
First, add the flour, brown sugar, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl. Mix it a bit to combine. I always have to brag on my Kitchenaid mixer. I can just throw things into the bowl while it mixes.
Add the eggs, milk, softened butter, and the oh-so-wonderful pumpkin into the mix.
Mix everything together.
Pour the pumpkin bread batter into a greased bread pan and bake.
Maple Cream Icing
Add the powdered sugar to a bowl.
Next, add the heavy cream and maple syrup and mix everything together. The syrup gives it such a wonderful rich flavor. It brings out the spices in the easy pumpkin bread recipe for a full-flavored treat.
If you need a little more heavy cream, just add about 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
Once the bread has cooled, pour the icing over the top. It was hard not to take a fork and just start eating it right then and there.
Once you slice it, it is so moist that it’s a bit of a mess, but it’s all the same going down. Delicious, delicious, delicious. If you bring this to a party, I guarantee you will be the talk of the party.
It looks good enough to eat off the page! Enjoy!
How to Make Pumpkin Bread From Scratch
- Combine the flour, spices, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for approximately one hour.
- Cool and serve.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. heavy cream (add more if needed)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the milk, eggs, butter, and pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the confectioners sugar, maple syrup, and heavy cream. Add more cream if needed.
- Pour the glaze over the bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Check out more delicious recipes over at: