Pumpkin pecan pie is the perfect dessert for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. If you can’t decide between pumpkin pie or pecan pie, you can now have both. The bars are easy to make and combine the rich and seasonal flavors of pumpkin and candied pecans.
These pumpkin pecan pie bars are absolutely delish and they will feed a crowd around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
I love the flavors in a pumpkin pie, with the cinnamon nutmeg, ginger, and cloves combined with the brown sugar and corn syrup candied pecans–it can’t be beaten.
So, adding the two together makes the best dessert on the holiday table.My youngest loves this pumpkin and pecan pie and kept coming in and getting another piece. I shared some with the girls down at my nail salon and they loved it, as well. It’s a great dessert when people can’t decide between the two pies.
If you love pumpkin and pecan, try this pumpkin roll recipe with cream cheese frosting.
What do I need to make the pumpkin pecan pie?
- Jelly roll pan – 10″ x 15″
- Two pie crusts
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown Sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Corn syrup
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium bowl
- Non-stick spray
How do I make the pumpkin pecan pie bars?
- Roll out the two pie crusts into rectangles and place in jelly roll pan. Create decorative pie crust edges with your fingers.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and mix.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- For the pecan pie, add the eggs to a clean bowl and beat.
- Next, add the brown sugar, and corn syrup and mix.
- Finally, add the pecans and stir to coat.
- Now, gently pour the pecan pie into the pumpkin pie and mix the two without spilling over the side.
- Bake at 375-degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for several hours before eating.
If you love pecan pie, click here to get this pecan pie brownies recipe. It’s to die for. This chocolate pecan pie recipe is another great dish for the holidays, as well as candied pecans to munch on.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Start by rolling out the pie crust into a rectangle. I used two crusts because otherwise, the crust will be too thin if you only use one.
Place the crusts into the jelly roll pan and fold the edges over, if needed, before crimping the edges with your fingers.
Bake the pie crust for about ten minutes to help it get crispier. (I didn’t do that while taking pictures, but if you bake it, it will keep the crust from staying soft after baking).
Pumpkin pie filling
For the pumpkin pie filling, start by adding the brown sugar to the bowl.
Next, add the pumpkin puree. I used a can of pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix. You will be adding more flavors to the puree.
Now, add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl.
Try these desserts if you love sweetened condensed milk:
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate pie is a rich and delicious dessert.
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate chip bars are like cookies on steroids.
- Lemon meringue pie is one of my favorite desserts.
Next, add the eggs and mix.
Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to the bowl of pumpkin and mix.
Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie crust and set aside.
Pecan pie filling
For the pecan pie filling, add the eggs to a bowl and beat them.
Next, add the brown sugar to the bowl.
Now, add the corn syrup and mix.
Finally, add the pecans and stir to coat.
Gently pour the pecan pie filling into the pumpkin pie and marble it through.
Carefully place the pumpkin pecan pie into the oven and bake for 45-minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
After baking, allow the pie to rest for several hours before serving (it will be a little puffy when you take it out). If you’re in more of a hurry, you can place it in the refrigerator and it will firm up faster.
This is a good old southern pecan pie with pumpkin that you will want on your recipe list every holiday.
Check out the pumpkin pecan pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert any time of the year, but especially around the holidays.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your pie on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 2 rolled pie crusts, refrigerated
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 - 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Roll the two pie crusts out into rectangles.
- Place the crust on the jelly roll pan (10" x 15") and fold the edges over, if needed. Crimp the edges of the pie crust with your fingers.
- In a medium-sized bowl, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into the pie crust and set aside.
- For the pecan pie, in a clean bowl, add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and eggs and mix well.
- Add the pecans and stir to coat.
- Gently pour the pecan pie filling into the pumpkin pie and take a spatula to marble into the pumpkin.
- Gently place in the oven and bake for 45-minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper #1657
KitchenAid 606354-KHM512HT Hot Sauce 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
USA Pan Bakeware Jelly Roll Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
OXO Good Grips Cake Tester – Non-Slip Handle – Simplify Baking
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate.