This post may contain affiliate links.
The best cheap and easy 5-minute green bean casserole is not only delicious, but is a great holiday side dish. I had the casserole prepared and in the oven in five minutes, and that included time spent cleaning the bowl. Families want the holidays to be special, with tasty foods we all love, that won’t break the bank–and that are quick and easy to fix. I’m telling you, my family loves this meal. I love the fact that I can make it ahead of time and put it in the fridge, or prepare it quickly, and have it on the table, piping hot in no time.
Just follow the steps:
Combine the milk, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. (You can mix it in your casserole dish instead of dirtying a bowl. It will make clean-up a lot simpler).
Add the green beans and fried onions, and mix.
Pour into the casserole dish. You really don’t need anything much larger than a 9″ x 9″ dish, unless you are doubling the recipe.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Once it bakes for 30 minutes, take it out and add more crispy fried onions on top and bake for 5 to 7 minutes more. And it’s done! Scroll down for the recipe.
Grab the recipe:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1-1/4 cup crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix milk, soup, and pepper in a square baking dish.
- Add green beans and 1/2 cup crispy fried onions and stir together.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining crispy fried onions on the top.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until the top is golden.