Y’all are gonna love this 5-Minute Green Bean Casserole. This classic green bean casserole recipe is simple and easy to make, costs less than ten dollars, and is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Families want the holidays to be special, with tasty foods we all love, that won’t break the bank–and that is quick and easy to fix.
I’m telling you, my family loves this green bean casserole recipe. I love the fact that I can make it ahead of time and put it in the fridge, or prepare it quickly and have it on the table piping hot in no time.
If you already have a lot of food to prepare for the holidays, this easy green bean casserole side dish will save you some time.
How do you make green bean casserole in the oven?
- Add the cream of mushroom, salt and pepper, milk, green beans, part of the crispy fried onions, and half of the bacon to a large bowl. Mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with the remainder of the crispy fried onions and bacon. Return to the oven for five minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe and printable instructions below
Add the cream of mushroom soup to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
Pour the milk into the bowl and mix everything together.
Next, add part of the crispy fried onions to the bowl.
Add part of the bacon to the bowl and mix everything together. If you’re not a big bacon eater (whaaat?) you can leave the bacon out of the recipe. It does add some great flavor to the dish.
I cooked the bacon in the microwave, but you can also purchase precooked bacon at the store to save on time.
Pour the green beans into the bowl and mix together.
Pour into the casserole dish. You really don’t need anything much larger than a 9″ x 9″ dish, unless you are doubling the recipe. Bake for 30-minutes.
After 30-minutes sprinkle the rest of the crispy fried onions and bacon on top and bake for another five minutes. Serve warm.
You can always add more bacon and crispy fried onions to the top if you’d like. Sliced almonds are also a great treat sprinkled on the top for more crunch and flavor.
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1-1/4 cup crispy fried onions (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 3 slices cooked bacon (crumbled) (reserve half)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the condensed cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, and milk to a large bowl. Mix everything together.
- Add 3/4 cup of the crispy fried onions and half of the crumbled bacon into the bowl and mix.
- Add the green beans to the bowl and mix together.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 9" casserole dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remainder of the crispy fried onions and bacon on the top of the casserole.
- Bake for five more minutes and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 204 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 896mg Carbohydrates: 19.8g Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 3.4g Protein: 6.5g