Needing an easy bread recipe that doesn’t involve a packet of yeast? Y’all will love this super simple beer bread recipe that tastes moist and buttery, and only takes about five minutes to make and get into the oven.
Homemade beer bread has been a popular recipe dish lately, and with good reason–it’s an easy recipe to make and you know what ingredients you’re putting in, so there’s nothing strange.
The bread has a soft center and a butter-flavored top crust that’s crunchy. It’s almost like a muffin top, where you’re tempted to slice off the entire top and eat it all in one sitting.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Easy Beer Bread?
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the page in the recipe card.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Melted butter
Ingredients that will add even more flavor to the beer bread recipe:
- Rosemary is always a flavorful herb to sprinkle into the mix.
- Garlic will add a new twist to the bread and you can serve it with dinner such as spaghetti or lasagna.
- Dried onion flakes will enhance the flavor of the beer bread.
- Shredded cheddar cheese or parmesan can be added to the mix or sprinkled on top.
- Honey is a great way to add some sweetness to homemade beer bread.
- Pumpkin is another ingredient to add to your bread for a fun fall treat.
How To Make Beer Bread
Firstly, add the all-purpose flour to a large bowl.
Secondly, add the sugar, baking powder, and salt to the flour and whisk it together.
Thirdly, pour the beer into the bowl.
For this recipe, you can really use any type of beer that you like. I used a light beer for this recipe, and it’s fun to try different types because you can get so many different flavors in your bread.
Stout beer, pale ales, or any type of beer that you like can be added to the mix.
Fourthly, mix everything together.
See what I mean–easy peasy. You’re almost done.
Finally, spread it into a greased bread loaf pan and pour the melted butter over the top.
It feels sinful to be pouring so much butter over the top, but you’ll thank me when you eat a warm slice.
Bake the bread for 45-55 minutes and it will end up with a crusty, flavor-packed top and a moist center.
Recipes that go well with the beer bread recipe
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A coleslaw is a great addition to the table, along with the bread.
- Salmon patties and a slice of beer easy beer bread would taste graet together.
- Finish off with some brookies, a combination of brownies and cookies.
Beer Bread Recipe Card
Check out the easy beer bread recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! You’ll love how super easy this recipe is to make.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your bread on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us.
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. beer
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk together.
- Next, add the beer and mix well.
- Spread the dough into the loaf pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the cake tester or knife slides out clean.
- Slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 448mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.