The flavor of summer is in full swing with this lemon blueberry cake. It’s one of the easiest cakes to make. I made it in a bundt pan and it came out wonderfully moist and so full of flavor. Add a simple lemon glaze to the top and you’ve got the perfect dessert.
This recipe and post were created for #SummerDessertWeek! Sponsor companies sent me samples, but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Be sure to check back the rest of this week as I will be sharing more sweet treats for #SummerDessertWeek.
Plus, there are many more bloggers joining in the fun, so be sure to scroll down and find links to their blogs, as well.
You can also enter #SummerDessertWeek into any social platform and you’ll find the desserts that we’re making this week!
I honestly love lemon and I will take it in just about any form I can get it–lemonade, cake, lemon lush, lemon cookies–I could go on and on.
And this super moist lemon cake recipe is such a cinch to make and has some ingredients that will guarantee it will stay moist.
And, some of the ingredients that do make it moist are eggs and sour cream.
Let’s get started.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Lemon Blueberry Cake
Start off by adding your all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda to a bowl.
Whisk everything together and set the bowl aside. Getting the dry ingredients ready will help you make the cake faster.
Next, add the softened butter to a large bowl.
Then you are going to add the sugar to the bowl.
For this recipe, I used Dixie Crystals and it tasted divine.
Add the eggs and mix everything together with your hand mixer.
Now comes the sour cream. I love the taste of sour cream.
Years ago, I didn’t like it at all (I have no clue why). I went to a football game with the guy I was dating and his family. His sweet sister brought back a potato with sour cream and I had to eat it–I can’t be rude!
Well, wouldn’t ya know, I loved it. Seriously, I went all those years without eating it, but I have made up for it. Believe me.
And there’s not a better place to add sour cream than in a lemon blueberry cake recipe.
The next ingredient is the vanilla extract.
I used Adams Best Vanilla Extract. I love the smell just opening the jar, not to mention the flavor it adds to desserts.
Add the lemon extract and mix everything together. I sure love that smell.
The lemon extract also came from Adams Best.
Once you’ve mixed the ingredients, you can add part of the flour mixture. I add about half and mix everything together, then add the rest and mix it up.
This can seem a little strange, but put your blueberries in a bowl and sprinkle about one tablespoon of flour on top and mix them up. Just mix enough to get a coating on them.
This will help the blueberries not sink to the bottom of the cake while baking.
Add the blueberries and the lemon zest to the batter. Mix everything together with a spatula and do it gently so you don’t break the blueberries.
Gotta be gentle with those little things.
Once you get the batter into the pan, smooth it out with your spatula and tamp it down a couple of times to get any air pockets out.
Bake the blueberry lemon cake for about one hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool for about an hour before pouring the glaze over the top.
Lemon Glaze for the Bundt Cake
Start by adding the powdered sugar to the bowl, followed by the lemon juice.
If it ends up being too thin, add some more powdered sugar, and if too thick, add some more juice.
Mix the two ingredients together and set it aside until you’re ready to pour it over the cake.
This really is an amazing glaze. It’s perfect for a lot of desserts including lemon pound cake.
Once the cake cools, you can turn it over onto a plate, or a cake stand and pour the lemon glaze over the top. It will dry and taste amazing.
Lemon Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
Sponsored Items Used In This Recipe:
- Dixie Crystals Pure Cane Sugar
- Adams Best Vanilla Extract
- Adams Best Lemon Extract
- Sweets & Treats Paper Straws and Daisy Mason Jar Lid
- 3 cups all-purpose flour + 1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder to a bowl and mix together.
- In a new bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and mix together.
- Next, add the flour mixture a little bit at a time. Mix and add the rest. Mix again until well blended.
- Place the blueberries in a bowl and add the one tablespoon of flour. Gently mix until covered.
- Add the blueberries and lemon zest to the cake batter. Gently fold in with a spatula.
- Pour into bundt cake pan. Tamp the bundt pan down a couple of times to get all of the air out.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for about half an hour before inverting the bundt pan onto a cake plate. Cool for another half an hour before glazing.
- Add the powdered sugar to a bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice into the bowl and mix.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 109mg Sodium: 159mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 41g Protein: 3g
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.