Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad
Raspberry pretzel Jello salad combines salty and sweet flavors for a wonderful dessert that works at office parties, potlucks, and dessert at home. Some folks even serve it as a side dish.
I love the buttery sweet and salty pretzel crust with a cream cheese Cool Whip mixture in the middle, and a sweet and colorfully red top that is perfect for Christmas.
There are a lot of different and unique ways to make raspberry Jell-O salad. Some people mix the Jell-O with marshmallows, some add applesauce, and some add nuts.
You can also add strawberries and cranberries to give it a different taste, as well as use different flavored Jell-O.
I’ll be showing you how to make the layered recipe today.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Salad?
- Raspberry Jell-O
- Boiling water
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Mini pretzels
- Vanilla extract
- Frozen raspberries
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad?
- Add the raspberry Jell-O packets to a large bowl and pour in the boiling water. Mix until the Jell-O has dissolved.
- Next, add the frozen raspberries to the bowl and set aside.
- Crush the mini-pretzels and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the sugar and melted butter and toss until the pretzels are covered.
- Press the pretzels into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and Cool Whip, and mix until well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pretzels, making sure to seal the edges around the baking dish so the Jell-O doesn’t seep through. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Finally, pour the Jell-O over the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours until the Jell-O sets up. Serve!
How To Make Jello Salad
Start the recipe by adding the two packets of Jell-O to a medium-sized bowl and pour the boiling water in. Mix until the powder has dissolved.
Next, add the frozen raspberries to the Jell-O and set aside.
I like to use frozen raspberries because it helps cool the Jell-O off and gets it started thickening up a little.
For this recipe, I bought fresh raspberries and placed them in the freezer for about two hours before adding them to the Jell-O mixture.
Keep the Jell-O on the counter while you continue with the recipe because you don’t want to place it in the refrigerator and let it set up before pouring it over the cream cheese mixture.
Break the pretzels up and add the sugar and melted butter. Toss until all of the pretzels are covered.
I like my pretzels to be a little bit crunchy, so I didn’t crush them into a fine powder.
Spread the pretzels into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Cream Cheese Layer
In another medium-sized bowl, add the softened cream cheese.
Next, add the sugar and vanilla extract.
Now, add the Cool Whip Whipped Topping and mix until everything is combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pretzel layer and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Very Important Tip: Make sure you spread the cream cheese mixture to the edges of the baking dish, helping seal it, otherwise, the Jell-O will seep through and lift your pretzel layer and make it soggy.
Finally, pour the Jell-O mixture over the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours to allow the Jell-O to set up.
While waiting for the pretzel layer to cook and the cream cheese mixture to cool in the refrigerator, the Jell-O started to thicken a little. That is what you want to have happen, otherwise, the Jell-O will seep through if it is still too runny.
The first time I made this Jello pretzel salad, I didn’t refrigerate the cream cheese or spread it to the edges.
When I poured my very runny Jell-O over the top, it all ran down through the pretzel layer, uprooted everything, and made the pretzels soft. Epic fail!
So, I learned the hard way on that one, ha!
Other holidays desserts:
- Homemade cinnamon rolls with buttermilk are the perfect addition to any holiday breakfast.
- Chocolate layer dessert with homemade whipped cream is a delicious dessert that’s great for parties and gatherings.
- Cream cheese brownies are easy to make and always taste amazing.
- Chocolate chess pie is always a great dessert for any occasion.
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate pie is a super easy recipe and sinfully rich.
- Chocolate pecan pie is another dangerously rich dessert that is a fun recipe to make.
- Christmas cranberry salad is another great recipe using Jell-O
Raspberry Jello Salad Recipe Card
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start creating! This is a great dessert for the entire family and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your salad on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 - 3 oz. boxes of raspberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 10 oz. frozen raspberries
- 3 cups mini-pretzels, crushed
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Add the two packets of Jell-O and boiling water to the bowl. Mix until the Jell-O powder has dissolved.
- Pour in the frozen raspberries and set aside on the counter.
- Crush the pretzels and add them to a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the sugar and melted butter into the bowl and toss until the pretzels are covered.
- Spread evenly into a 9" x 13" baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350-degrees.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract to a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, add the Cool Whip Whipped Topping to the bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the pretzels. Be sure to spread the mixture all the way to the edge, sealing it.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After refrigerating, pour the Jell-O and raspberries over the top, spread it out, and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP: Keep the Jello on the counter while you finish the recipe so it won't get too thick.
TIP: Make sure you spread the cream cheese mixture to the edges of the baking dish to help seal it. Otherwise, the Jello will seep through and get into the crust and soften the pretzels and uplift everything.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.