Easy cheesy potato casserole is one of those dishes that is hard to put down once you take a bite.
Tender potatoes, plenty of cheese, and tons of flavor make up this dish.
The side dish is full of great flavor and it’s the perfect dish for any dinner or holiday meal.
A Delicious Potato Bake
The great recipe is perfect for family dinner, special occasions, holiday meals, funeral luncheons, and a simple family dinner.
It’s such an easy side dish with simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
Our sons met years ago in kindergarten and Beth and I have been friends ever since.
Beth loves to entertain and is known for always cooking the best food. She can cook small meals or meals for 30 people and they turn out amazing every time. Her recipes never disappoint.
So, when she shared this recipe with me, I was super excited to share it with all of you.
A Simple and Flavorful Dish
Beth makes this dish for the holidays and it’s a big hit, and once you taste it, you’ll understand why.
This is also a dish that can be made the day before and refrigerated until ready to cook, which makes your day a little easier if you’re planning to bake a lot on the following day.
The potatoes will be ready to cook and you’ll be able to just pop it into the oven.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make the Cubed Potatoes?
- Frozen southern style hashbrown potatoes (diced)
- Cream of potato soup
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Cubed Cheesy Potatoes?
- Add the potato soup and sour cream to a large bowl.
- Next, add 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1-1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, and the parmesan cheese to the bowl. Reserve the rest of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top and mix everything well.
- Add the hashbrown potatoes to the bowl and mix until covered.
- Spread the potatoes into a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- If the potatoes are frozen, bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for 30 more minutes. If the potatoes are not frozen, bake covered for 15-20 minutes, remove the foil and bake 15-20 more minutes.
Add the cream of potato soup and sour cream to a large glass bowl.
When Beth shared this recipe with me I was intrigued by adding potato canned soup to a potato dish.
And, trust me, you will love it, because the creamy soup adds so much flavor to this dish.
Next, add 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese to the bowl.
Add 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and mix everything.
Pour the frozen cubed potatoes into the bowl and mix until covered.
Spread the cubed cheesy potatoes into a 9″ x 13″ greased casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake another 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
If the potatoes are frozen cook for the entire 60 minutes, but if the potatoes are thawed, only cook for 30-40 minutes. Be sure to remove the tinfoil halfway through.
Other Side Dishes Y’all Will Love:
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread might just end up being one of your favorite side dishes.
- Broccoli cheese bake is another perfect side dish for any dinner or holiday gathering.
- 5-Minute green bean casserole is another great dish that can be made the day before.
- Sweet potato casserole is a hit at our house around the Christmas dinner table and the holidays. People are always wanting more than one helping!
- Southern homemade butter beans are easy to make in the slow cooker and always turn out flavorful.
- Funeral potatoes are a simple side dish if you love buttery Corn Flakes on top–I love a good crunchy topping, don’t you?
- Hash browns go great with just about any meal, and this recipe is similar to Cracker Barrel’s cheesy potato recipe.
Main Dishes That Pair Well With Cheesy Potato Casserole:
- Baked chicken and ranch is not only one of the easiest chicken dinners to make, it tastes amazing!
- Slow cooker BBQ beef is a great dish in the slow cooker with homemade barbecue sauce.
- Panko chicken is another simple meal that even the pickiest eaters love.
- Salmon patties are a budget-friendly meal that goes great with cheesy potatoes.
- Roasted pork tenderloin from Natasha’s Kitchen never disappoints.
Cheesy Potato Casserole
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe that’s easy to make for your next dinner party or holiday gathering, look no further than this amazing cheesy potato casserole recipe.
The dish is packed full of flavor and will be sure to make even the pickiest eaters happy.
So what are you waiting for? Get the ingredients, measurements, and baking instructions below.
- 32 ounce bag of southern style hashbrowns
- 10.5 ounce can of cream of potato soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Add the potato soup and sour cream to a large bowl.
- Next, add 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1-1/2 cups of cheddar cheese to the bowl.
- Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the potatoes into the bowl and mix until covered and spread it into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top and cover with tinfoil.
- If frozen, bake for 30 minutes, remove the tinfoil and bake 30 more minutes. If thawed, bake for 15-20 minutes, remove the tinfoil, and bake 15-20 more minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1295mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Nutrition is approximate.