Chocolate frosting fudge is not only decadent and rich but only requires two ingredients.
Chocolatey and Delicious Fudge
I was a little skeptical at first when I heard that it only took two ingredients to make fudge.
But, I tried it and it came out chocolatey and delicious. And, it takes about ten minutes to make it, other than refrigeration time.
The fudge is creamy, smooth, and soft when you sink your teeth into a bite of the luscious treat.
It’s a great dessert recipe for the holidays, and you can try different flavors such as chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, or white chocolate.
There are so many ways to make fudge, other than this recipe.
Most fudge recipes are cooked on the stovetop with butter, evaporated milk, sugar, and marshmallow creme.
Cooked fudge always comes out phenomenal, but sometimes it’s nice to save money and make the chocolatey dessert a little faster.
What Do I Need To Make Frosting Fudge?
- Cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate chips
That’s it! Those are the only ingredients you will need.
How Do I Make Fudge Out Of Frosting?
- Line an 8″ x 8″ dish with tin foil or parchment paper and spray the inside with non-stick spray.
- First, take the lid off of the frosting container and microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Carefully pour the frosting into a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to another bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between to help melt the chocolate.
- Combine the two ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the fudge into the lined dish and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove the foil or parchment paper and slice the fudge.
An Easy Fudge Recipe
Start by microwaving the frosting and pouring into a medium bowl and set aside.
The frosting will melt fast, so do not microwave longer than 30 seconds.
I used a medium bowl for the frosting with plenty of room for when I add the melted chocolate in a few steps.
Next, add the chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until melted.
I usually only need to melt the chips for about one to one and a half minutes total.
Stirring the chocolate in between microwaving will help melt the chocolate faster.
Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl with the frosting.
Stir the two ingredients together until they are combined.
Pour the fudge into the 8″ x 8″ casserole dish and spread to the edges. Refrigerate the fudge for at least two hours until it sets up.
Once the fudge sets up you can easily remove it with the tin foil or parchment paper.
This will make it easier to slice the fudge.
Fudge Recipes Y’all Will Love
- Peanut butter fudge – this recipe has been a big hit on the blog and even went viral a couple of years ago! It’s easy to make and includes peanut butter chips in the recipe.
- Hershey’s Chocolate fudge is the original recipe on the side of the Hershey’s cocoa canister. It’s a great recipe that we all know and love.
- Tiger butter fudge – this is a great recipe if you’re looking for another easy fudge recipe because it’s made with only three ingredients and it turns out beautifully! The white chocolate and peanut butter create gorgeous streaks throughout and it always wows people.
- Reese’s peanut butter fudge is incredibly rich and incredibly easy. This ended up being one of my husband’s favorite desserts.
- And for a colorful dessert, try Christmas puppy chow. It’s easy to make and a ton of fun for parties.
Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start creating! This is a fun and tasty fudge for any occasion.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your fudge on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 16 oz. cream cheese frosting
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8" x 8" square pan with tin foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Take the lid and seal off of the frosting and microwave for 30 seconds, pour into a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl with frosting and combine.
- Now, pour the frosting fudge into the pan with tin foil and refrigerate for two hours.
- Lift the fudge out of the pan and cut.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.