Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy refreshing lemon treats like this delicious lemon lush recipe.
The easy cool lemon dessert is perfect for a party or any summer gathering. It’s simple to make and everyone will love it!
So, gather your ingredients and get started on this refreshing citrus dessert. You’ll be glad you did!
The Perfect Creamy Dessert
Sometimes, it is tough to decide which dessert is my favorite. I guess I don’t have to have a favorite, but this lemon lush recipe ranks right up there at the top.
Lush recipes are usually creamy desserts with layers of whipped topping and pudding. And, we all love layered desserts.
I love lush desserts because they always have several layers that really work well together.
Chocolate Lush or chocolate layer dessert is another great dessert that is very similar.
The lemon lush dessert, which is also known as lemon delight or lemon lasagna, starts with a crunchy butter base that is made out of chopped pecans. It really adds a lot of flavor.
The next layer is a creamy combination of whipped topping, powdered sugar, and some cream cheese.
Next, you’ve got the lemon pudding layer, which is so flavorful, topped with another layer of whipped cream.
You can always add some of the chopped pecans on top for a little more crunch, but either way, this lemon layer dessert is one of the best out there.
Plus, it’s super easy to make and is great for crowds, if you really want to share. Sometimes we have to, I know.
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Lush Dessert Recipe?
The First Layer – Crust
- All-purpose flour
- Chopped pecans
- Melted butter
The Second Layer – Cream Cheese Layer
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
The Third Layer – Lemon Layer
- Instant Lemon Pudding
The Fourth Layer – Top Layer
- Whipped topping
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed in the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do You Make Classic Lemon Lush?
- Mix the flour, chopped pecans, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a greased pan.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping to a large mixing bowl and mix well until creamy.
- Gently spread the sweetened cream cheese layer on top of the crust.
- Add instant lemon pudding and milk to another mixing bowl and mix for several minutes until it thickens.
- Spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over the lemon pudding and chill the lush dessert recipe for at least two hours.
First Layer – Crust
First add the flour to a medium-sized bowl.
Next, add some chopped pecans.
I used my chopper and that worked pretty well. I didn’t want them too fine because I wanted some crunch in them.
And then you’re going to pour melted butter into the bowl.
Mix everything together until it’s well blended.
When we start to add butter to the recipe, you always know things are gettin’ good.
Press the pecan mixture into the bottom of a greased 13″ x 9″ casserole dish.
The crust does not need to be baked.
It’s going to be a very thin layer, but such a good one.
If you don’t want pecans, you can also use Nilla Wafers (or vanilla wafers if you get generic), crush them up, add butter, and line the bottom.
If you choose to use the vanilla wafers you won’t need the flour.
Second Layer – Cream Cheese Layer
Grab a new bowl and add the two packages of softened cream cheese.
This is easier to mix if you’ve let your cream cheese soften up a bit on the counter for a couple of hours.
I don’t always remember to set mine out, so if you forget, it’s not a big deal. You can still mix it all together.
Now, you’re going to add the powdered sugar to the bowl.
Mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until you have a creamy mixture.
It’s gettin’ good.
The next thing you’re going to add is the whipped topping.
You can use Cool Whip or the generic form. I used Publix brand whipped topping because it was less expensive.
Mix the ingredients until everything is blended together.
I had to put this picture up because it’s just so pretty when it’s all mixed together.
You can use this as a layer in chocolate lush, lemon lush recipe, butterscotch lush, peanut butter lush, or even a chocolate lasagna type of dessert.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pecan crust.
Put it in the fridge so it will harden just a bit while you make the pudding.
Third Layer – Pudding Layer
Add the two packets of lemon instant pudding to a large bowl. Next, add the cold milk and stir.
It’s instant pudding, so it won’t take too long to thicken–maybe about five minutes.
Although it’s instant pudding it still has a fresh lemon flavor.
If you really like things tart, add a little bit of fresh lemon zest to the pudding.
Spread the easy lemon pudding layer on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Finally, add more whipped topping on the very top of the lemon lush recipe. Spread the whipped topping across the lemon.
Place it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to harden up a little.
If you’re in a hurry, you can even put it in the fridge for thirty minutes to one hour.
You can sprinkle some pecans on top for a little more crunch, or just leave it like it is.
More Favorite Desserts
- Butterscotch lush dessert recipe – the recipe features creamy layers that you won’t be able to stop eating.
- Chocolate brownies from scratch – the perfect dessert for that chocolate sweet tooth.
- Berry icebox cake – this is a delicious no bake dessert that is perfect for summer parties.
- Easy chocolate cream pie – the recipe calls for instant chocolate pudding making this not only a decadent dessert, but an easy one, too.
- Four-ingredient microwave peanut butter fudge – this is truly the best dessert when you want the decadence of fudge without all the fuss.
- Lemon meringue pie – this is one of those traditional dessert recipes that your grandma made with lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. It’s always out-of-this-world delish.
- The ultimate lemon poke cake from The Country Cook
- Easy luscious lemon cheesecake from No Plate Like Home
How Do You Make Lemon Lush With Graham Cracker Crust?
If you don’t want to make the crust with pecans, you can use a graham cracker crust instead. It’s easy to make.
Just combine about two packets of graham crackers (approximately 16 crackers) with 1/2 cup of melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ casserole dish.
Easy Lemon Lush Recipe
The weather is heating up and that means one thing – it’s time for some delicious summertime desserts!
The easy lemon pudding layer dessert is simple to make and everyone will love it.
If you love all things lemon, gather your ingredients and get started on this refreshing sunny citrus treat. You’ll be glad you did!
Lemon Lush Recipe
If you are a fan of lemon desserts, this one if for you. The lemon lush recipe is a real crowd pleaser and is perfect for summer gatherings! Not only is it tasty, but it is also really easy to make. You are going to love this lemon lush dessert recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Cream Cheese Layer
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
Lemon Pudding Layer
- 2 - 3.4 ounce packages of Instant Lemon Pudding
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Combine the flour, butter, and pecans. Stir and press into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. (The crust does not need to be baked).
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add one 8 oz. container of whipped topping and mix until well blended. Spread on top of the pecan crust. (Spread gently, as the crust will move around a little).
- Add the two packets of pudding to a large bowl. Add the milk and mix for about five minutes until thickened. Spread over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the other 8 oz. container of whipped topping over the lemon pudding.
- Refrigerate for about two hours.
Optional: sprinkle more chopped pecans on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid 606354-KHM512HT Hot Sauce 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper #1657
Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set with Large 8 Cup Measuring Cup
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate
Coconut Cream Pie - Back To My Southern Roots
Friday 27th of August 2021
[…] Lemon lush recipe is another great dessert with tons of flavor. […]
Butterscotch Dessert Recipe - Back To My Southern Roots
Saturday 14th of August 2021
[…] This Butterscotch Dessert Recipe is a creamy delicious treat that is perfect for any party or potluck. The layered pudding dessert is easy to make and oh-so-hard to put down. You’re gonna fall in love with this lush dessert. […]
Lemon Blueberry Cake - Back To My Southern Roots
Saturday 17th of April 2021
[…] honestly love lemon and I will take it in just about any form I can get it–lemonade, cake, lemon lush, lemon cookies–I could go on and […]
Chocolate Layer Dessert with Homemade Whipped Cream - Back To My Southern Roots
Friday 5th of February 2021
[…] lush dessert, with graham cracker crust, is a creamy, rich, and decadent dessert. It’s the perfect treat […]
Easy Lemon Bars - Back To My Southern Roots
Saturday 30th of January 2021
[…] made a lot of lemon bars over the years, but this is my favorite recipe because it’s easy and it turns out […]