Crispy Panko breaded chicken recipe is an easy recipe that helps make dinnertime a snap.
The recipe creates a crispy chicken on the outside and tender, juicy chicken on the inside that the entire family will love.
Panko Baked Chicken
Dinner should be an easy process, and with this recipe, all you have to do is mix the ingredients, get it into the baking dish, and bake it.
How Can I Make This An Easy Meal?
By only using a few ingredients and creating quick, simple steps, you will have an easy meal.
We tend to go non-stop during the school year, and by the end of the night, I am ready to relax.
I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I always try to find easy meals to fix. But it’s not always easy to find healthy things to make for my family if we’re in a rush.
And as much as we love Chick-Fil-A, we can’t go there every night.
I have a lot of simple breaded chicken breast recipes in my files to make life easier when we’re running from place to place and don’t have time to fix a large meal.
And I love being able to fix something healthy and not spend too much time in the kitchen.
This baked breaded chicken recipe is a little bit versatile because you can use almond flour or all-purpose flour as an ingredient or switch out seasonings for a different flavor.
The almond flour tends to give it a bit more flavor, and it’s healthier for you; however, the all-purpose flour works just as well.
Plus, you can dip the chicken in marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or even ketchup.
What Is Panko?
Panko is Japanese-style breadcrumbs that are used in a lot of Japanese recipes. The bread is ground up into flakes and then dried, giving it a crisper texture.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Panko Breaded Chicken?
- Chicken breasts
- Almond flour
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Grated parmesan cheese
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make the Breaded Chicken Recipe?
- First, add the almond flour to one bowl.
- Second, add eggs to a second bowl and beat.
- Third, add the Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, and seasonings to another bowl.
- Dip the chicken breast into the almond flour, egg mixture, and Panko breading mixture.
- Place the breaded chicken on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately one hour.
What Is The Order Of Breading Chicken?
- Coat the chicken with flour
- Next, coat the chicken with egg
- Finally, coat the chicken with the breading.
You can use Panko crumbs, which are usually a little more crunchy, or regular breadcrumbs for this recipe.
Prep your bowls before getting the chicken out of the fridge to help speed along the process.
Start by adding the almond flour to a bowl.
For this recipe, you can use chicken cutlets, regular-sized chicken breasts, or chicken tenders for this meal.
I used chicken breasts this time, but if we don’t need as much, cutlets are perfect.
Again, you can use all-purpose flour instead of almond flour for this recipe.
The almond flour does give the chicken a bit more flavor and is healthier. If you’re trying to stick to a low-carb diet, almond flour is a great choice for you.
Next, add the eggs to the bowl and beat them a little.
Add the Panko breadcrumbs to the third bowl, as well as the seasonings.
I used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning.
Optional Seasoning Choices
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- Chili powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Your favorite seasonings
Finally, add the grated parmesan cheese to the bowl and stir together.
Once you have the bowls ready, grab your chicken breasts from the fridge and get started dipping.
Take your pieces of chicken and roll them in the almond flour until it’s covered.
It doesn’t have to be completely covered, just enough to get some of that flavor on there.
Dredge the chicken breast into the eggs and flip it over, making sure it gets covered with egg wash.
This isn’t the prettiest picture, but you get the idea.
And lastly, dip the chicken into the breading and make sure it gets covered.
Place chicken breasts in a greased dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for about half an hour.
Then, remove the tin foil and bake for thirty more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
After it bakes, it’s ready to serve.
Favorite Side Dishes
- Oven Baked Potato Wedges – these are a really simple recipe with delicious results.
- Scalloped Corn with Cheese – you only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe. And it’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
- Southern Homemade Butter Beans – butter beans go great with tender chicken and French fries.
- Broccoli Cheese Bake – this is a good recipe when you want the kids to eat their veggies alongside their chicken breast recipe.
- Cheesy Diced Baked Potatoes – this is one of those favorite sides that go along great with baked chicken, fried chicken, or chicken sandwiches.
- Green beans and bacon – green beans and bacon are so easy to make. Cut up the golden brown baked chicken and add it to the green beans for an easy dinner.
- Side salad – this goes great with any main dish. Cut up the cooked chicken breast and add it to the salad for a great and healthy meal.
How To Store Any Leftover Chicken
Store the chicken in an airtight container or cover it with some plastic wrap. Keep the chicken in the refrigerator.
How Do You Get The Crust To Stick To Chicken?
After dipping the chicken breasts into flour, dip them into eggs. The eggs will help bind the breadcrumbs to the chicken better.
You will still have some falling off when you go to cut the chicken, but for the most part, the breading should stick.
How Do You Reheat Breaded Chicken Cutlets?
- Place the day-old chicken on a cooking sheet and cover it with tin foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- If the chicken is not crispy, remove the tin foil and bake for a few more minutes.
Favorite Dipping Sauces
Whether you make the easy breaded chicken recipe or chicken nuggets with this recipe, you can choose your favorite dips.
- Honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Cheese dip
- Sour cream
- Buffalo sauce
- Or, one of these five delicious dipping sauces from Sweet and Savory
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Baked chicken tenders
- Easy crack chicken casserole
- Panko chicken
- Air fryer garlic lemon skinless chicken thighs from Southern Home Express
More Easy Recipes
Crispy Panko Baked Chicken Recipe
Ready to make a super easy main dish tonight? Crispy Panko breaded chicken dinner is perfect for busy nights.
The crispy crust and tender, juicy chicken on the inside will have your whole family coming back for seconds.
It will definitely be one of your favorite recipes.
So what are you waiting for? Get the recipe now and grab your favorite dipping sauce!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon of seasonings
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a casserole dish.
- Add the almond flour to one bowl.
- Add the eggs to another and beat.
- Finally, add the Panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and seasonings to another bowl and mix together.
- Cover the chicken with almond flour, then dip into the eggs, and finally into the Panko mixture.
- Place into the greased casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for half an hour.
- After half an hour, remove the tin foil and bake for another half an hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Fresh herbs, Italian breadcrumbs, and some honey mustard sauce for dipping.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 548mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g
Nutrition is approximate.