Easy scalloped corn casserole with cheese is the perfect side dish for any holiday dinner, including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The scalloped corn recipe takes less than ten minutes to prepare, and fifty minutes to cook and it is a great dish for any night of the week.
A Great Side Dish
I love corn. It’s one of my absolute favorite foods in this world. I’ve set the record (in our family) of eating the most ears of corn in one sitting – a whopping 12!
My grandparents in Tennessee raised corn, and I could just about all of it. I love it that much.
But I don’t have any fresh corn down here in the city, so I am relying on canned corn for this recipe. There are a lot of great recipes to make from canned corn, and this is one of them!
So, for holidays and most weeknight dinners, there’s always a corn dish somewhere in the mix. I love to discover new corn dishes and add them to our rotation.
This scalloped corn recipe is also great for any night of the week. Plus, it’s fast to throw together and super budget-friendly.
Ingredients For Scalloped Corn
- Eggs (beaten)
- Whole kernel corn (reserve 1/2 cup corn liquid)
- Canned creamed corn
- Can of evaporated milk
- Diced onion
- Saltine crackers (crushed)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Easy Scalloped Corn Casserole With Cheese
- Start by adding the eggs, whole kernel corn, creamed corn, evaporated milk, butter, onion, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup reserved corn liquid to a large mixing bowl. Mix everything together.
- Next, add the crushed saltine crackers and mix them together.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix.
- Pour the corn mixture into a greased 9″ x 9″ baking dish and cover with tin foil.
- Bake the corn casserole recipe for fifty minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for ten more minutes.
Drain the liquid from the can of whole kernel corn. You won’t need all of it, but save it on the side.
Add the beaten eggs to a large bowl.
Add the can of whole kernel corn and cream style corn to the bowl.
Pour the evaporated milk into the bowl.
It already looks delicious.
Melt the butter and pour it into the bowl with the corn.
How can anyone live without butter? It makes everything better.
Next, add the diced onions to the bowl, as well as the salt and black pepper.
Crush up the Saltine crackers and pour them into the bowl, and add the reserved liquid.
You can use just about any type of cracker for this recipe. If you like more buttery crackers, add some Ritz Crackers.
You can also crush up some oyster crackers or any type that you’d like. Just keep the measurement the same.
Top everything off with the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir everything together well.
This is also another area where you can switch things up. You can add Swiss cheese or mozzarella and get a totally different flavor.
The endless possibilities are one of the things that I like about this side dish.
Add the scalloped corn ingredients to a greased 9″ x 9″ casserole dish.
Cover with tin foil and bake for fifty minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake ten more minutes.
- Diced green bell pepper
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Sharp white cheddar
- Club Crackers
- Ritz Crackers
More Delicious Side Dishes
- Green bean casserole – this cheesy meal is a family favorite around our house and it’s super easy to make.
- Jiffy cornbread casserole – this might become your favorite corn side dish. It’s incredibly easy to make and always turns out so moist and delicious.
- Homemade dinner rolls – forget store-bought rolls. These are soft, pillowy, and so delicious.
- Southern pan fried potatoes – this is a tasty side dish that the entire family will love.
- Mashed potato cakes – have some leftover mashed potatoes? This recipe is perfect for making something new out of leftovers.
- Homemade au gratin potatoes – these are a great dish for those picky eaters.
Easy Scalloped Corn Casserole With Cheese Recipe Card
Get the recipe for this delicious side dish for your next weeknight or holiday meal.
The corn casserole recipe is easy and always turns out delicious.
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn (reserve 1/2 cup corn liquid)
- 14.75 ounce can creamed corn
- 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon diced onion
- 2 cups saltine crackers (crushed)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the eggs, whole kernel corn, creamed corn, evaporated milk, butter, onion, salt, and pepper, and 1/2 cup reserved corn liquid to a large bowl. Mix everything together.
- Add the crushed saltine crackers and mix them together.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and mix.
- Pour everything into a greased 9" x 9" casserole dish. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for ten more minutes.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 servings Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 15.3gSaturated Fat: 7.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1135mgCarbohydrates: 62.9gFiber: 5.7gSugar: 9.4gProtein: 14.8g
Check out other delicious recipes at Southern Plate