I’ve always been a bit of a picky eater. Thankfully, I am a little better now and will try more things–at times.
Years ago, I was dating a guy that took me to his nephew’s high school football game. I hadn’t eaten supper for some reason and I was starving. His sister was a sweetie and offered to go grab us a potato from the concession stand.
When she returned the potato was covered in sour cream (don’t laugh at me for my pickiness-ha!). I was trying to figure out how to NOT eat the potato, covered in sour cream, that his sister bought, without being totally rude. My mom and dad had drilled manners right on in to me.
Needless to say, there was no way to avoid the potato. I ate it. AND I LOVED IT! How had I gone for so many years without eating sour cream?
I know, it’s sad. I was a crazy girl for not trying it before that night. So, now, I eat it on everything! And, baked macaroni and cheese tastes amazing with sour cream.
Recipe and printable instructions at the bottom of the post.
Cook the macaroni noodles according to the box directions. (I buy elbow macaroni noodles at Publix on BOGO, or Aldi’s. Aldi’s has a box of 32-ounce noodles for dirt cheap).
In a medium-sized bowl, add the sour cream and parmesan cheese. Add the cooked noodles and stir until well blended.
Add the evaporated milk and 2 cups of the shredded cheese and blend well.
Pour into a 13″ x 9″ greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. And, by all means, if you want more cheese be sure to add it! Yum!
Top with bread crumbs and butter. Bake uncovered in the oven at 350-degrees for 30 minutes.
You can use any flavor bread crumbs. I had plain bread crumbs, but Italian flavored would taste good on top.
The dish will make about 10 servings. And, it is guuuuud.
Check out more delicious recipes at:
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni noodles
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to the directions on the box.
- In a large bowl, add the sour cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked noodles to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour the can of evaporated milk into the bowl and mix.
- Add 2 cups of the cheddar cheese and mix.
- Pour the bowl of ingredients into a greased 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cut up the butter and place in different spots on top of the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.