Crock Pot mac and cheese is one of the best recipes for a comforting side dish, loaded with creamy cheese and noodles.
The recipe is easy to make with a few simple ingredients, and it’s the perfect comfort food all year round and during the holidays for the entire family.
Homemade Macaroni And Cheese
Homemade macaroni and cheese is such an easy recipe because you can literally dump the ingredients into the Crock Pot and go.
You can go on about your business and come back to a side dish in a few short hours.
Mac and cheese is great for holidays, potlucks, picnics, office parties, and any nightly dinner.
It’s super cheesy, and picky eaters, and kids love it–you just about can’t go wrong with the best mac and cheese.
Plus, it makes a creamy texture that goes with pretty much any meal.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Creamy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe?
- Macaroni noodles
- Velveeta cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Evaporated milk
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make The Best Crock Pot Mac And Cheese
How Do I Make The Best Macaroni And Cheese?
- Start by greasing the Crock Pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the uncooked pasta noodles to the pot.
- Next, add the cubed butter and Velveeta cheese to the pot.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
- Pour the milk and the evaporated milk into the Crock Pot and mix until the ingredients are combined, and the noodles are under the liquid.
- Replace the lid and cook the noodles for two hours on low. (Be sure to stir halfway through the cooking process and at the end).
Start by adding the uncooked macaroni noodles to a greased Crock Pot.
I spray the large pot with nonstick cooking spray to make clean-up easier.
Next, cube the butter and Velveeta cheese and add it to the pot.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
I have one kid that loves parmesan and one that doesn’t. So, the parmesan is also optional. You can add whatever cheese you love to the recipe.
If you would like a lower-fat cheese, you can use mozzarella cheese, as well.
For this recipe, I used sharp cheddar cheese because we like that flavor.
Pour the milk into the Crock Pot.
Finally, add the evaporated milk to the cooker. Mix everything together, but make sure the noodles are under liquid so they will cook.
Replace the lid and cook for two hours on low.
At about the one-hour mark, stir the ingredients again to make sure the macaroni doesn’t stick to the Crock Pot.
Make sure you push the macaroni back down under the liquid so it will continue to cook.
Once the creamy macaroni and cheese recipe is finished cooking, remove the lid and mix.
Once you mix the macaroni and cheese, it’s ready to serve.
The recipe makes such a great side dish for the holidays, and you don’t have to spend any time slaving over the stove or taking up any oven space.
Plus, if you don’t have a large crowd, you will have leftovers. You can add some turkey, veggies, or ham the next day and have dinner.
It’s always fun to switch things out on occasion and add some variety to the recipe.
You can switch out the cheddar for some pepper Jack or white extra sharp cheese or add something else. You can make it in lots of different ways.
Or add some seasonings to the recipe to give it different flavors.
- Cayenne pepper
- White cheddar cheese
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper Jack cheese
- American cheese
- White extra sharp cheese
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Toasted bread crumbs to sprinkle over the top when it’s finished cooking.
How To Store The Macaroni And Cheese
Store the mac and cheese in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated.
Dishes That Go Well With Mac And Cheese
- Green beans and bacon is another great side dish for the holidays that is super easy to make.
- Broccoli cheese casserole is a great way to sneak in those veggies with a cheesy, crunchy texture and taste.
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw always pairs well with mac and cheese. The two go hand-in-hand.
- The best mashed potatoes are a staple around the holidays and go well with mac and cheese.
- Jiffy corn pudding is another great side dish that tastes great with some mac and cheese on your plate.
- If you like oven-baked mac give this southern baked mac and cheese recipe from Divas Can Cook a try.
The Best Crock Pot Mac And Cheese Recipe
Be sure to get the recipe for Crock Pot mac and cheese below. The family favorite is a great recipe that is easy to make and will feed a crowd.
This is a great recipe for those busy nights. It might become one of your favorite recipes.
- 1 pound elbow pasta (macaroni)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 - 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Add the macaroni noodles to the pot.
- Next, add the butter and Velveeta cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheddar and parmesan cheese over the top.
- Pour the milk and evaporated milk into the bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Replace the lid and cook for two hours on low. (Be sure to stir half way through the cooking process and at the end before serving).
Make sure all of the noodles are covered with liquid before replacing the lid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 25g
Nutrition is approximate.