Homemade Macaroni And Cheese
Homemade macaroni and cheese is such an easy recipe because you can literally dump the ingredients into the Crock Pot and go. You can go on about your business and come back to a meal in a few short hours.
Mac and cheese is great for holidays, potlucks, picnics, office parties, and any nightly dinner. It’s super cheesy and picky eaters and kids love it–you just about can’t go wrong with macaroni and cheese.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Creamy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe?
- Macaroni noodles
- Velveeta cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Evaporated milk
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Best Macaroni And Cheese?
- Start by greasing the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Add the uncooked macaroni noodles to the pot.
- Next, add the cubed butter and Velveeta cheese to the pot.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
- Pour the milk and the evaporated milk into the pot and mix until the ingredients are combined and the noodles are under the liquid.
- Replace the lid and cook the noodles for two hours on low.
Start by adding the macaroni noodles to a greased Crock Pot.
Next, cube the butter and Velveeta cheese and add it to the pot.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese on top.
I have one kid that loves parmesan and one that doesn’t. So, the parmesan is also optional. You can add whatever cheese you love to the recipe.
If you would like a lower-fat cheese, you can use mozzarella cheese, as well.
Pour the milk into the Crock Pot.
Finally, add the evaporated milk to the cooker. Mix everything together, but make sure the noodles are under liquid so they will cook.
Replace the lid and cook for two hours on low.
At about the one hour mark, stir the ingredients again to make sure the macaroni doesn’t stick to the Crock Pot. Make sure you push the macaroni back down under the liquid so it will continue to cook.
Once the creamy macaroni and cheese recipe is finished cooking, remove the lid and mix.
Once you mix the macaroni and cheese it’s ready to serve.
The recipe makes such a great side dish for the holidays, and you don’t have to spend any time slaving over the stove.
Plus, if you don’t have a large crowd, you will have leftovers. You can add some turkey, veggies, or ham the next day and have dinner.
Dishes That Go Well With Mac And Cheese
- Green beans and bacon is another great side dish for the holidays that is super easy to make.
- Broccoli cheese casserole is a great way to sneak in those veggies with a cheesy, crunchy texture and taste.
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw always pairs well with mac and cheese. The two go hand-in-hand.
- The best mashed potatoes are a staple around the holidays and go well with mac and cheese.
- Jiffy corn pudding is another great side dish that tastes great with some mac and cheese on your plate.
Crock Pot Macaroni And Cheese
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great side dish and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your macaroni and cheese on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp.) butter, cubed
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed (optional)
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 - 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Add the macaroni noodles to the pot.
- Next, add the butter and Velveeta cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheddar and parmesan cheese over the top.
- Pour the milk and evaporated milk into the bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Replace the lid and cook for two hours on low.
Make sure all of the noodles are covered with liquid before replacing the lid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 25g
Nutrition is approximate.