Halloween brownies from scratch are a gooey, chocolatey, and fudgy dessert. You don’t need a store-bought box to make this delicious brownie recipe. These easy homemade brownies are great for any holiday and I can guarantee everyone will devour them.
Halloween is almost upon us and this might be the first year my kids don’t go trick-or-treating. Last year they hit the neighborhood and came home with pounds of candy.
But, I think they are just about too old to go. I’m really not sad, we had quite a few years of trick-or-treating. This year, we can sit on the driveway and hand out candy. I think that will be just as fun seeing the neighborhood kids’ costumes.
With every holiday you need some treats. And if we don’t have a bunch of candy around, we will need some brownies, right?
What do I need to make the best ever brownies?
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer
- Non-stick spray
How do you make easy brownies?
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Sift the flour, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and half of the Reese’s Pieces and pour into a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the Reese’s Pieces on top and bake for 30-45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
The Reese’s Pieces add the touch of Halloween and add a little bit of peanut butter flavor to the mix.
The box mix is a tad easier to make, but in all seriousness, this homemade dessert recipe doesn’t take much longer and it tastes a million times better.
Full recipe and printable instructions listed below.
First, melt the butter and pour it into your mixing bowl. You can mix this all by hand or use a mixer. I like to use my mixer because I can just pour things in and mix as I go.
Add the sugar to the bowl.
Pour the vanilla into the bowl and mix everything together.
Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
In a separate bowl, add the salt, unsweetened cocoa, and flour.
Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt together.
Add the sifted flour to the bowl, a little bit at a time. Mix after each addition.
Add the chocolate chips and half of the Reece’s Pieces to the bowl. Mix them in.
Spread the mix into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and sprinkle the remainder of the Reese’s Pieces on top.
Bake the brownies at 350-degrees for about 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Place the cake tester in the middle of the brownies. If it has a touch of brownie mix, that’s ok. They will still be a little gooey.
Let the brownies cool for a while. If you’re like me, you’ll want to get some out while their hot and eat them. Scoop some ice cream on top and you’ve got a pretty amazing treat.
These are the perfect treats year-round. You can add green and red chocolate for Christmas, or pink for Valentine’s day.
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reece's Pieces (separated)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt together. Add to the butter mixture a little bit at a time until all of the flour mixture is combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and half of the Reece's Pieces. Mix together.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the Reece's Pieces on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 15.6gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 40.2gProtein: 5.7g
Check out other delicious recipes at: