Slow cooker chocolate cake is now one of my favorite desserts because it’s so easy to make. It takes about five minutes to get the ingredients into the slow cooker and cooking.
The dessert makes enough hot cake to feed a crowd. The cake recipe is popular at church potlucks, family gatherings, and as a family dessert.
This Crock Pot cake was a hit around here. The recipe includes the combination of a boxed cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, milk, and butter.
The ingredients make a gooey, chocolatey dessert that can’t be beaten. But, best of all, there’s not an easier dessert to make.
Once the cake is done cooking, just add it to a plate or put it into a bowl and add a scoop of ice cream for a super amazingly delicious treat.What do I need to make the slow cooker chocolate cake?
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- Melted butter
- Crock Pot
- Parchment paper
How do I make the chocolate cake with pudding?
- Spray non-stick spray around the inside of the slow cooker and press the parchment paper against the side.
- Next, add the chocolate cake mix to the bottom and spread it out.
- Pour the chocolate pudding mixture on top. Do not mix it in.
- Now, pour the milk over the top.
- Finally, pour the melted butter over the top.
- Replace the lid and cook the cake on low for about three hours.
Full recipe and printable instructions listed at the bottom of the post
Start by spraying the inside of the slow cooker with some non-stick spray. This is more to help the parchment paper stick to the side.
Add some parchment paper to the cooker. I trimmed off the top of the parchment paper with some scissors.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix into the slow cooker and spread it out. I used a Betty Crocker super moist cake mix for the recipe. But, any chocolate cake mix will do.
Sprinkle the instant chocolate pudding over the top of the cake. Do not mix the ingredients together. I’ve made this several times and if you mix the pudding in with the cake, it won’t come out as pudding, it will end up baking with the cake.
It tastes great when the pudding cooks up like it’s supposed to. The combination of the pudding texture and the cake texture is out of this world.
Next, pour the milk over the top of the cake and pudding mix.
You can take a wooden spoon and press the dry ingredients down a little bit, but it will cook fine and it’s ok if the dry ingredients are on top of the liquid.
Finally, pour the melted butter over the top. There will still be some dry mixture on the top.
Replace the lid and set the Crock Pot on low for three hours. The center will not be completely cooked through when it’s done.
If it’s super runny, let it cook about half an hour more. But, with the pudding and the cake, it should be done in three hours.
Scoop the slow cooker chocolate cake out while it’s hot and add some ice cream for a divine dessert!
Check out the slow cooker chocolate cake recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert any time of year and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your moist chocolate cake on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 1 - 15.25 oz. box chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 3.9 oz. box Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) butter, melted
- Parchment paper
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place parchment paper inside.
- Pour the dry cake mix inside the slow cooker and spread it out.
- Next, pour the dry pudding mix over the top. Do not mix into the cake mix.
- Pour the milk and the melted butter into the Crock Pot.
- Cook on low for three hours.
You can press the dry ingredients down a bit into the liquid, but do not mix the dessert. The cake and pudding will cook without stirring.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 407mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g