Grab your Bundt pan and your electric mixer because we’re about to whip up the most decadent cake recipe of all!
This chocolate Bundt cake is one of the easiest Bundt cake recipes around, thanks to the help of boxed cake mix and pudding.
The Best Chocolate Cake
A tender crumb and outrageous chocolate flavors await.
If you need a cake for a party or gathering, or just because you’re like me and need chocolate NOW, then trot out that Bundt cake pan, and let’s get baking!
Get the recipe for the chocolate icing with buttermilk pictured above.
The Delicious Cake Recipe You’ve Got to Make
Sometimes, even the best bakers need an ace in the hole. Boxed cake mix and instant chocolate pudding are your saving grace when friends and family drop by.
With little time to spare, you can whip up some love, southern style.
Come to think of it, maybe that’s why everyone is always dropping by. I can’t help but go back to my Southern roots and serve up something.
This super moist cake is a true crowd-pleaser. I’ve had yet to find anyone that doesn’t full-on swoon with every bite.
Ingredients For The Cake
- Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Instant chocolate pudding
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Bundt Cake
You’ll need a box of cake mix – I used Duncan Hines Devil’s food cake boxed mix, but if you can’t find it, you can use Betty Crocker.
The other ingredients you’ll need are instant chocolate pudding, sour cream for that nice tang, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, milk, eggs, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Feel free to use milk chocolate for the chocolate chips if you’d prefer.
- Start by adding the cake mix and pudding mix to a large bowl and whisk.
- Next, add the sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, milk, and eggs and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for approximately 50 to 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
You can use one regular-sized Bundt cake pan or use mini ones for mini Bundt cakes, which are a super-cute idea for a baby shower or bridal shower, or to give as yummy little treats to friends and family.
Start by adding the Duncan Hines cake mix to the mixing bowl.
Next, add the instant pudding mix to the bowl.
Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Next, pour the milk into the bowl.
Add the sour cream to the bowl.
Sour cream is going to help make this a very moist cake.
Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and mix until combined.
Add the eggs and mix until combined.
Finally, add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
I had some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips on hand, so I used those. But you can use regular-sized chocolate chips if you’d like to.
Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
I have been using the nonstick spray that sprays flour and nonstick spray, and it works wonderfully. The cake never sticks to the pan.
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes to one hour. Then flip the cake over gently onto a plate or cake stand.
Add some icing to the cooled cake and serve.
Once you see how easy this chocolate Bundt cake recipe is, you’ll want to do it with all different types of cakes.
You can use a yellow cake mix, lemon cake mix with some added lemon zest and either a lemon glaze or cream cheese frosting, a white cake mix, spice cake, peanut butter, red velvet, pumpkin spice, or even make a sour cream Bundt cake.
With these cake mix recipes, it’s easy to make a super moist cake that fits your personal preferences. Switch up the pudding, too, by using vanilla pudding mix or butterscotch pudding.
You really can’t go wrong!
More Delicious Cakes
- Red Velvet Cake – We love this cake around here, especially at Christmastime. It has such a gorgeous red color.
- Easy old fashioned chocolate pound cake – this is filled with chocolate flavor and is always a great cake to take to parties if you can bear to part with it.
- Coffee cake without sour cream – it might not have sour cream, but it is still moist and incredibly delicious. And this from-scratch recipe is super easy to make.
- Vanilla pound cake with cream cheese frosting – we love this sweet cake around here. And the cream cheese frosting is a hit with everyone.
- White cake mix from a box (doctored cake mix) from Out Of The Box Baking is a gem to have on hand.
- White chocolate chip cheesecake from Join Me In The Kitchen
Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe With Cake Mix And Pudding
The next time you need a cake, make it this chocolate Bundt cake with pudding and cake mix. It’s so easy to make in a flash with just a few simple ingredients.
If you don’t have time to bake a cake completely from scratch or are new to baking and feel a bit intimidated, start here. No one will ever believe your Bundt cake started life as a boxed mix!
- 15.25 ounce box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3.9 ounce box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Add the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, milk, and eggs to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least one hour before inverting it onto a cake stand or frosting.
Check the cake for doneness in several places, as the pudding will come out a bit gooey. If the cake tester comes out cclean in several places, it is done. If not, cook in increments of five minutes until the cake is done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g