If you’re looking for some delicious flavor for pork tenderloin, give this dry rub recipe with brown sugar a try.
The blend of seasonings is super easy to make and takes less than ten minutes to get it ready.
Plus, you most likely have most of the ingredients needed for the rub.
Pork rub does not have to come from a jar. You can make it at home with a few simple ingredients.
This is a great recipe to keep on hand for those busy weeknight dinners. You can prep one day ahead and have the pork ready to cook the next night.
You can make the rub ahead of time and keep it in a mason jar in the refrigerator and pull it out when needed.
Ingredients Needed For The Dry Rub
- Brown sugar
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Dry mustard
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Dry Rub For Pork Tenderloin
- Add the ingredients for the rub to a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub the mixture over the piece of meat. Place the meat in a bag, and refrigerate overnight.
Start by adding the brown sugar to a small mixing bowl.
Next, add the smoked paprika.
If you do not have smoked paprika, that is fine. You can add regular paprika.
Next, add the cumin, garlic salt, dry mustard, and onion powder.
Add the salt and pepper next.
Pour the chili powder into the bowl.
Mix the ingredients together and it is ready to rub on the pork.
Place pork in a casserole dish and rub the brown sugar rub all over it.
Cover with plastic wrap and place the pork in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
You can cook the pork over open flames on the grill, add it to a slow cooker, cook on the stovetop, or cook it in the oven.
You can also rub the spice mixture on some hamburgers or chicken for an easy dinner.
Add a green vegetable and some bread on the side, and you’ve got a great dinner made with homemade pork seasoning. It is the perfect combination.
Optional Rub Ingredients To Add Different Flavors
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Dark brown sugar
More Delicious Recipes
- Slow cooker pork shoulder – this is a great one-pot dinner. It’s easy to make, and it’s a cut of pork that comes out so tender and delicious. Plus, this dinner is the best way to get kids to the table fast. They will love it!
- Jiffy sweet cornbread – this is one of those side dishes that everyone loves. It’s an easy recipe to make and turns out delicious every time.
- 21 easy oven baked pot roast recipes – can’t decide on dinner? Here’s a long list of recipes that you will love.
- Slow cooker pork roast with vegetables is another great meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. You can get it ready in the morning and have dinner when you get home in the evening.
- Farmhouse slow cooker pulled pork from Plowing Through Life makes mouthwatering pork sandwiches.
- Tasty and easy ground pork meatballs are super easy to make and you most likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
The rub adds so much flavor to any meat and helps it cook to juicy perfection.
Be sure to get the original recipe below for the homemade rub. It’s a great way to add great flavor to your dinner.
Dry Rub For Pork Tenderloin With Brown Sugar
Homemade dry rub is an easy and budget-friendly way to add tons of flavor to your pork tenderloin recipe, pork chops, or any meat of your choice. The rub spice mixture is easy to make and you most likely have all of the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Add the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub the mixture on pork or your choice of meat. Seal the meat in a casserole dish and cover with plastic wrap, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cook on the grill, stovetop, or in a slow cooker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1997mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 4gSugar: 90gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.