Slow cooker pork roast with vegetables is comfort food that can be prepped and cooking in less than 20 minutes.
The tender, mouthwatering juicy pork roast falls apart easily and is a protein-packed meal.
The whole family will love the slow-cooking recipe filled with hearty flavors. You only need a few ingredients to make this recipe, and it can be cooked in a variety of ways.
A Comforting Dinner
This pork recipe provides a warm, hearty, and flavorful meal every time. It’s a comforting dish that everyone will love.
Slow cooker recipes make that possible without all of the work.
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by the Iowa Pork Producers Association. As always, the opinions are honest and are all my own.
Reasons To Love This Recipe
- Buying pork supports US farmers.
- It’s easy to make.
- You can add plenty of vegetables.
- You can make pork sandwiches with leftovers.
- It’s a hot cup of hearty soup for a cold night.
- It takes less than 20 minutes of prep time to get it cooking.
- The family will love it.
- It’s perfect for Sunday dinner or any day in between.
- Pork is full of great nutrients.
Pork Is Packed With Nutrients
One of the great things about pork is that it’s packed with nutrients, including iron, magnesium, potassium, protein, B6, and so much more.
When You Buy Pork, You Are Supporting Local Farmers And Many Communities
One of the things I love about buying pork is that when you head to the store to get pork for a meal, you are supporting so many Americans.
You are supporting everyone from the farmer to their kids to everyone in the community.
At least one-third of all pork sold in the United States comes from Iowa. And Iowa pork farmers support high school sports, youth leadership programs, offer scholarships for college, and so much more.
What’s not to love about pork?
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Pork Recipe?
- Boneless Boston butt roast cut of pork.
- Baby carrots
- Diced onions
- Honey gold potatoes (or your favorite type of potatoes)
- Diced celery
- Chicken broth
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Onion soup mix
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pork Roast With Vegetables
- Grease the slow cooker with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the pork, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, chicken broth, cream of mushroom and cheese soup, and onion soup mix and mix well.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for eight hours.
- Remove the lid and shred the pork.
How To Determine When The Slow Cooker Pork Roast Is Finished Cooking
When you are cooking pork in a slow cooker, you will be cooking it for about eight hours. At that time, the pork will become tender and will be done cooking.
Typically, the internal temperature of pork needs to be 145 degrees when grilling, frying or baking in the oven.
Grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or some butter, and place the pork in the bottom of the slow cooker.
For this recipe, I used pork prime boneless Boston pork butt, and it came out so tender and delicious.
Next, add the potatoes to the pot.
For this recipe, I used honey gold potatoes. But you can also use red potatoes, Russet potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes. They will all taste great.
Add the diced celery to the pot.
Throw some baby carrots into the pot, as well as some diced onions.
You can also use sliced carrots. I use baby carrots because I can rinse them off and throw them in, and it makes life a little easier.
Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top.
Onion soup mix usually has a lot of salt in it, so if you want to add more, I would wait until you are done cooking the meal to taste it and see if you want to add any salt or pepper.
Pour the cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup, and chicken broth into the slow cooker.
If you’re not a fan of mushroom soup, you can switch it out for another can of chicken soup, celery soup, or cheddar cheese soup. Any of those will work great.
Give everything a stir and cover with the lid. Set the slow cooker on the low heat setting and the cooking time for eight hours.
After eight hours, shred the pork, and it’s ready to serve.
How Do You Know When It’s Done?
After cooking on low for eight hours the pork will be done. It will be fork tender and shred easily.
Side Dishes That Go Well With Slow Cooker Pork Roast
More Delicious Pork Recipes
One of the great things about pork is that it’s a very versatile meat. You can bake it in the oven, cook it on the stovetop, grill it, or cook it in the slow cooker.
- Pork chops in the air fryer
- Pan fried boneless pork chops
- Slow cooker pork chops and gravy
- Baked pork chops and gravy
- Slow cooker ranch pork chops
- Slow cooker pork chops and rice
- Slow cooker pork tenderloin
How To Store Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How To Use Pork Leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can either reheat the veggies and pork as a soup or take out some of the pork and add it to a sandwich. Pour a little bbq sauce on top, and you’ve got another great meal.
Can This Be Made In The Instant Pot?
Yes, but you will need to check the manual for the cooking time.
From time to time, you can switch out some of the ingredients for a different meal. Here are a few ideas.
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Russet potatoes
- Green beans
- Bell peppers
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sweet potatoes
- Diced tomatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- Minced garlic
Be sure to get the recipe below for slow cooker pork roast with vegetables recipe. It’s the best way to make pork roast, and it always turns out tasty.
It’s a comforting meal of tender pork roast that the whole family will love.
- 3.5 pounds boneless Boston butt
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 onion diced
- 24 ounces small Honeygold potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce pack onion soup mix
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the Boston pork butt into the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery.
- Next, add the cream of chicken and mushroom soups.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the food and pour the chicken broth over the ingredients.
- Stir and place the lid on top.
- Set the cooking temperature on low and cook for eight hours.
- Shred the pork and serve.
For this recipe, you will not need a kitchen meat thermometer because you will be cooking the pork for eight hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 708Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1422mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 52g
Nutrition is approximate.