This post may contain affiliate links.
Marshmallow Brownie Bars are so easy to make. The chocolate, chewy, and crispy combination tastes amazing. These make a great treat for a party, for the kids after school snack, or a gift for a friend (you’re a seriously good friend if you give these away).
I had most of the ingredients for the marshmallow brownie bars, so it was easy and inexpensive. I ran to the store and bought a box of brownie mix–the cheapest one they had–and came home and whipped it up.
I did make one mistake on this treat, but it turned out ok. I used a 9″ x 9″ pan, when I should have used a 13″ x 9″ pan. It’s just a little bit too crowded and we don’t want the chocolate to think it can run over the sides. We need every drop in our mouths.
Step 1: Make the store-bought brownies as directed and bake in the oven.
Step 2: Add the marshmallows to the top of the brownies and stick back in the oven to bake for 3 minutes.
(Don’t they look like little puffy clouds)?
Step 3: Melt up the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a saucepan. Once the ingredients are melted, add the crispy rice cereal, and pour over the marshmallows.
Step 4: Place in the refrigerator to harden. As it cools, the marshmallow will bubble up some through the top. It makes it look so enticing when it does.
It’s You can leave it out on the counter after it hardens, however, it is easier to cut when it’s colder. (But that didn’t stop me from trying it while it was still a tiny bit warm).
- 1 pkg. brownie mix
- 1 pkg. mini marshmallows (10.5 oz. size)
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" pan.
- Make brownies according to the package and bake.
- After the brownies have finished cooking, add the marshmallows on top, and bake for 3 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter.
- Add the crispy rice cereal.
- Pour over the brownies and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting.