Air fryer cornbread recipe with Jiffy is a great side dish that is easy to make without any fuss.
The homemade cornbread recipe creates a small portion that is a perfect side dish for two or three people.
A Great Addition To Dinner
Cornbread is always a great addition to dinner, and this recipe is moist and super easy to make.
It takes about five minutes to make and get into the air fryer. And in less than 30 minutes, you’ve got the best cornbread side.
Air fryer recipes tend to come out more evenly cooked. And items cook faster in the air fryer, as well.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Air Fryer Cornbread?
- Box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make Air Fryer Cornbread
How To Make Air Fryer Cornbread
- Grease a small air fryer pan with nonstick cooking spray or some butter.
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a medium sized bowl.
- Next, add the sour cream, milk, egg, and vegetable oil and mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the pan and place it inside of the air fryer.
- Cook for 23 minutes and allow it to cool inside the air fryer.
Start by adding the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a medium mixing bowl.
Next, pour the milk into the bowl with the Jiffy Mix.
I used two percent milk for this recipe, but you can use skim or whole, depending on your preferences.
Add the sour cream to the Jiffy mix.
If you’re not a big sour cream fan, give Greek yogurt a try in place of the sour cream.
Add the egg to the bowl.
Finally, add the vegetable oil to the bowl and mix the ingredients until combined.
Pour the cornbread batter into the air fryer pan.
Place the pan inside the air fryer basket and cook for 23 minutes.
After cooking, pull the air fryer basket out and use a cake tester or knife to make sure the cornbread is cooked through.
The top of the cornbread will be nice and golden brown.
The first time I made this, I took the cornbread out to cool, and the center deflated. A friend of mine mentioned leaving the cornbread in the air fryer to cool off, and it will keep that from happening.
How To Store The Air Fryer Cornbread
Store any leftover cornbread in an airtight container or cover with some plastic wrap. It does not have to be refrigerated, but it will keep a couple days longer in the fridge.
Make sure you allow the cornbread to completely cool before placing in an airtight container or you will get condensation.
You can also make dressing around the holidays with leftover cornbread.
Can I Make Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins?
Yes, you can make a small batch of muffins with the same recipe. You can either use silicone muffin cups that can go in an air fryer or use a pan that holds muffins.
Air fryer muffins are always a great side.
- Diced jalapeño peppers
- Maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper
Recipes To Eat With Cornbread
- Your favorite chili
- Air fryer pork chops
- Your favorite barbeque dishes
- Or give this cowboy cornbread a try from Smart School House
How Do I Make Sweet Cornbread?
Jiffy cornbread is already a little bit sweet, but you can always add a little more sugar to the recipe. About one teaspoon will make it sweet cornbread.
Learn more about the history of Jiffy, our favorite cornbread brand.
Can I Reheat The Cornbread?
Yes! I have a great post on reheating cornbread.
Air Fryer Cornbread With Jiffy
Be sure to print out a copy of the easy recipe below.
Air Fryer Cornbread With Jiffy
Easy air fryer cornbread with Jiffy is a great recipe that is the perfect accompaniment for a lot of meals.
- 8.5 ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, milk, egg, sour cream, and vegetable oil to a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the greased pan.
- Place the pan in the air fryer basket. Set the cooking time for 23 minutes and the temperature to 310 degrees.
- When finished cooking, check to see if the cornbread is done by inserting a cake tester or a knife in the center of the cornbread.
- Allow the cornbread to cool inside of the air fryer.
I have a Cosori Air Fryer oven, but any brand will work.
If the cornbread still needs to cook after 23 minutes, set the time for five more minutes and check again.
If you don't like sour cream, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.