Easy Stovetop Candied Pecans are a delicious holiday treat. The candied pecans recipe is easy to make in just a few minutes, but you’d better make more than one recipe because they will get eaten up in a flash! The sugared pecans are the perfect gift for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Candied Pecans Recipe
Candied pecans are a great snack to place out on the counter around the holidays, to toss on a salad, or to pack in a lunch for dessert.
I know it’s September, but Christmas is only a few short months away and these sugared pecans are the perfect Christmas treat, as well as Thanksgiving treat, or any day in between.
Candied Pecans On The Stovetop
I love the recipe because it’s so easy and inexpensive and you can make it right there on the stovetop.
And candied pecans with brown sugar is such a delicious treat. You can buy candied pecans, but why not make fresh and delicious ones?
If you love candied pecans, you’ll love this easy praline pecan recipe. Click and give it a try!
You can also sprinkle the sugar-coated pecans to the top of sweet potato casserole, or even chop up on top of a chicken dish.
And you don’t have to go broke buying pecans for this recipe. I usually buy my pecans at Aldi’s because they sell them for a great price and that way you can get enough for a couple of recipes.
The pecan recipe only took me about 15 minutes to make. The pecans cool quickly and you have a nice gift to take to a friend or a teacher, or you can snack on them without sharing any (wink wink).
These aren’t quite as sweet as other candied pecans. I only used brown sugar and eliminated white sugar. But, they are oh-so-delicious with a deeper flavor.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Candied Pecans?
(Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions at the bottom of the post)
- Brown Sugar
- Parchment paper
- Container to hold the cooled pecans
How To Make Candied Pecans
- Add butter to a saucepan and let it melt.
- Next, add the pecans to the saucepan and stir them around until they are covered with melted butter.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until all of the pecans are covered.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and cook for a few minutes, until the pecans begin to caramelize.
- Spread them out on parchment paper to cool. They will harden as they cool, but still, be a bit sticky.
Add half a stick of butter. Let it melt on medium-high heat.
Add 2 cups of pecans. Stir the pecans in the butter until they are covered. I think pecans with butter would be a delicious treat.
Add 4 tablespoons of brown sugar. I love the taste of brown sugar. It has a deeper flavor than white sugar and adds so much flavor to candied foods.
Let the pecans cook in the brown sugar and butter until caramelized. Take it off the stove, pour the pecans on some parchment paper to cool. The pecans will harden as they cool.
And that’s it – they are such an easy dessert.
You can add some cinnamon to the brown sugar-coated pecans for a more festive fall flavor.
Other Pecan Desserts
Places To Take And Share Your Candied Pecans
- Take to holiday and Christmas parties
- Add to Thanksgiving snack tables
- Give as gifts for teachers and neighbors
- Bring to music and academic tutors
- Take to the office to share in the break room
- Bring the sugared pecans to the kid’s school
Do Candied Pecans Need To Be Refrigerated?
No, but they do need to be kept in a sealed container. They will last up to about two weeks if you keep them sealed.
Check out the candied pecans recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great snack any time of the year, especially around the holidays, and I think you’ll love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your pecans on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 cups pecans
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Melt butter on medium-high heat.
- Add pecans and toss until covered with butter.
- Add brown sugar and toss pecans until covered.
- Bring to a boil and cook until pecans start to caramelize.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g