Baked beans and weenies are a great meal for dinner, football parties, or a picnic.
The flavorful, easy, and budget-friendly beanie weenies combine sweet and hearty flavors.
This is the perfect main meal or side dish.
Easy Dinner Recipe
I am so glad the weekend is almost here and I’m thinkin’ about easy meals. We love easy recipes around here, especially when it has been a hectic day.
Do you ever get worn out from running around?
Are there a lot of weeknights you’d like to come home and only spend five minutes on a simple recipe, but still give your family a good dinner?
My boys are in middle and high school and we tend to run around a lot. They each go to a different school and I spend a lot of time in the car.
So, there are a lot of evenings where an easy meal is the way to go and we don’t have to eat out.
Baked beans and weenies do take at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours to cook, but only five minutes of prep to get it ready – yay! I’m all about simple meals.
Hot dogs sometimes have a bad rap. But, nowadays it’s easy to get healthy hotdogs and feed the family on less than fifteen dollars.
This bean recipe for Frank and beans is a budget-friendly meal that tastes great.
With my two growing boys, and a husband that loves beans, bacon, and hot dogs, we still have leftovers.
What You Will Need For This Recipe
- 9″ x 13″ casserole dish
- Non-stick spray or some olive oil
- Large mixing bowl
- Hot dogs
- Brown sugar
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Worcestershire sauce
- Can of pork and beans
- Onion, diced
- Bowls for serving
- Optional ingredients: bell peppers, shredded pork chops, chili powder, bbq sauce, maple syrup.
Recipe and printable instructions for beans and weenies listed below in the recipe card.
How To Make Beans And Weenies
- Start by adding the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, diced onions, Worcestershire sauce, diced hot dogs, and bacon and mix well.
- Spread the ingredients into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to two hours.
In a large mixing bowl, add the can of pork and beans, brown sugar, bacon, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and diced onions.
Mix everything together well.
I purchased pre-cooked bacon to make life a little easier. You can also make the bacon ahead of time so it’s ready when you’re making the meal.
Cut the hotdogs into bite size pieces with kitchen scissors and add to the bowl.
For this recipe, you can buy whatever kind of hot dogs you like. If you have a favorite brand, you can use those.
Add the beans and weenies to a greased 9″ x 13″ greased casserole dish.
I used non-stick spray to grease the dish, but you can also use olive oil or some butter, as well.
Bake at 350-degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
The longer you cook it, the more the flavors will melt together.
This is one of those great recipes that you can serve as the meal, or as a side dish.
It’s ready to serve and it’s that easy. It’s such good stuff and might become a favorite meal. Enjoy!
There are a lot of optional ingredients that you can add to the dish to change the flavor a little bit.
You can use each ingredient separately, not all together.
- Crushed pineapple – adding a touch of sweetness to the recipe will bring out some of the best flavor. Use an 8 ounce can, drain the juice, and add the pineapple to the recipe before cooking.
- Bell peppers – fresh flavors taste wonderful in the bean dish. Cut up a couple of peppers and add them to the dish.
- Maple syrup – this ingredient adds a deep and tasty flavor to the dish. Use about 1/2 cup of syrup and mix in before cooking.
- Shredded pork chops – cook and shred two pork chops and add to the dish before cooking.
- Barbecue sauce – barbecue and beans go together well. If you choose to use this ingredient, add about one cup to your mixture in place of the ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Chili powder – if you want to add a little spice, sprinkle a teaspoon into the bowl and mix before baking.
- Extra seasonings – feel free to add your favorite seasonings to the dish.
How Do I Store The Beans And Weenies?
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
You can heat it up the next day in the microwave.
Side dishes to eat with Frank and beans:
- Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- Crock Pot Corn on the Cob
- Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- Corn Fritters
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread (the combo of beans and cornbread is a favorite).
- Jiffy Corn Pudding
- Easy pineapple coleslaw recipe from Julia’s Simply Southern
Beans And Weenies
Check out the beanie weenies recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking this great dish! You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make, plus it’s filling.
The best part of this recipe is the simplicity, and everyone will love it. So, if you like easy dinner recipes, this is the one.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your meal on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us.
- 8 hot dogs (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 oz. bacon pieces (I bought a precooked and crumbled pack)
- 3 Tbsp. mustard
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 53 oz. can pork and beans
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the brown sugar, bacon pieces, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, can of pork and beans, and diced onion to a large bowl.
- Cut the hot dogs into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix everything together and pour into a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 970mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 12g
Nutrition is approximate!