Slow cooker lasagna with cottage cheese is not only an easy meal, but a hearty, warm, and flavor-packed dinner.
Just mix a few ingredients, layer with noodles, and cook. By evening, you’ve got a great main dish for the entire family.
Lasagna With Cottage Cheese
I have a lasagna recipe here on the blog with tons of cheese, including ricotta cheese. It’s a classic lasagna recipe you cook in the oven.
However, this slow cooker lasagna recipe is made with ricotta and cottage cheese, so it gives it a different flavor. And, you can let it cook while you go about your business.
So many people grew up eating lasagna with cottage cheese, and they love that comforting flavor.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Ricotta cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper
- Oven-ready lasagna noodles
Full printable recipe with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
TIP – This is a large recipe and it fed all four of us, and we had leftovers. You can easily cut this recipe in half if you don’t need as much.
How To Make Lasagna
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Brown the meat and drain the grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to a large bowl with the meat and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Spread out one spoonful of the sauce and meat mixture onto the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Lay a row of noodles across the bottom.
- Place one large spoonful of sauce and one large spoonful of cheese mixture on top of the noodles and spread out.
- Sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese over the mixture, as well as some grated parmesan cheese.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat the process several times.
- Replace the lid and cook on low for 3-1/2 hours.
- If a knife slices through the pasta easily, the lasagna is done.
Start by cooking the ground beef, draining the grease, and mixing with the spaghetti sauce.
For this recipe, I used Ragu sauce because we like that brand around here. But, you can use your favorite sauce.
I used a full 24 oz. jar and half of another one. We like a lot of sauce. You can stick with one jar, or even use two if you really love sauce.
Next, add the cottage and ricotta cheese to the bowl.
TIP – You can also switch out the ricotta cheese for cottage cheese in this recipe, as well, and have two containers of cottage cheese.
Add the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
Grease the Crock Pot and spoon some of the sauce and meat mixture along the bottom. That will keep the noodles from sticking.
Line the bottom with noodles. They don’t have to be perfect.
Next, add a large spoonful of sauce and cottage cheese mixture and spread it around over the noodles.
Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top.
Repeat the process two to three times. Be sure to save enough to end with the sauce and cheese mixture on top.
Leave a little bit of space at the top because the noodles will expand as they cook.
Replace the Crock Pot lid and cook for 3-1/2 hours on low. You can cook the lasagna a little longer, but the noodles tend to get soggy if you cook it too long.
The noodles are done when you can easily stick a knife through.
Grab some garlic bread, a helping of lasagna, and you’ve got a great meal.
Other tasty recipes from the blog:
- Slow cooker ranch pork chops are a great meal for the entire family.
- Cheesy potato casserole is a hit with everyone, even picky eaters.
- Zucchini casserole is a great side dish with any meal.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a wonderful dinner and everyone will love it!
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your lasagna on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 36 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz. oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Cook the meat and drain the grease.
- Add the meat to a large bowl, pour in the spaghetti sauce, and mix well.
- Next, add the ricotta and cottage cheese to a bowl, as well as the Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Spread a spoonful of the meat sauce on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Place a row of noodles along the bottom.
- Add a large spoonful of meat sauce and a large spoonful of the cheese mixture on the noodles and spread out.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- Repeat two more times and finish with sauce and cheese on the top.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the mozzarella and parmesan on top and replace the lid.
- Cook on low for 3-1/2 hours. The lasagna is done when a knife inserted slides through the noodles easily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 718Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 1720mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 58g
Nutrition is approximate.