Here’s one of my secret go-to dessert recipes that I’m sharing with you.
Peach cobbler dump cake is absolutely the simplest dessert you can possibly make. And my version of it starts with a box of yellow cake mix and a few simple ingredients.
An All-Time Favorite
My kids like to call it the “cake mix peach cobbler” for that reason.
It’s such a great dessert, though, and the whole family goes wild for it. Cake mix cobbler is the easiest recipe and comes out with such amazing results you could serve it at a dinner party.
In fact, I’ve done that before, and no one can ever believe I didn’t sit there toiling away to make this simple dessert from scratch!
The Easiest Dessert Recipe Ever!
When you need an easy dessert recipe to impress guests or treat the family, this easy peach dump cake recipe totally has you covered.
It’s a quick dessert, too, one that you can make in your casserole dish.
I’ve brought it for potlucks, served it for dinner guests, presented it at parties, and every single time, everyone asks what I did to make this delicious dessert.
If you’re not in the mood to fuss or baking is so new to you that it feels like trying to solve a calculus problem, this is the easy recipe you need to have the sweet taste of success!
Ingredients For Peach Dump Cake
- Canned peach pie filling
- A box of yellow cake mix
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Gather your ingredients.
Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and pour one and a half cans into the bottom of the dish.
Next, sprinkle the cake mix on top of the peaches.
Slice the butter into thin slices and place it on top of the cake mix.
The melted butter will fill in all the dry cake spots and create a delicious crust.
Bake the cake uncovered in a preheated oven for about 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Allow the cake to sit for about 10 minutes for the syrup to thicken.
A big scoop of vanilla ice cream is the perfect way to top off this sweet dessert treat.
This simple recipe can also be recreated with different canned fruit filling.
Add Some Variety
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg: These can be sprinkled on top of the peaches before adding the cake mix, giving the dessert warm and spicy flavors.
- Allspice or Cardamom: For a more unique flavor.
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans: Add these on top for a crunchy and nutty flavor.
- Fruits and Berries:
- Canned Fruit: Add some canned cherry pie filling or some pineapple pie filling to the cake.
- Pineapple: Adding some sliced pineapple to the top for a tropical twist is a great way to add some variety.
- Sweeteners and Syrups:
- Brown Sugar: Sprinkling a bit of this over the peaches can add a deeper sweetness.
- Maple Syrup: Drizzle on top for a rich maple flavor.
- Vanilla or Almond Extract: A few drops can enhance the overall aroma and taste.
- Shredded Coconut: Add this on top before baking for a tropical feel and added texture.
- Oats: Mix with a little butter and sprinkle on top for a crumbly topping, almost like a peach crisp.
- Other Cake Mixes: Yellow, white cake mix, butter pecan, spice cake, cinnamon swirl, or even chocolate cake. Just about any box of cake mix will do.
- Caramel: Drizzle some caramel on top for a caramel apple dump cake.
Maybe I need to make those next. I’m already plotting my next dump cake venture!
How To Store Peach Dump Cake
Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated. The dump cake will last a couple of days in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Recipes
- Chocolate cherry dump cake from House of Nash Eats tastes perfect with a scoop of ice cream right on top.
- Peach Cobbler recipe is made with fresh peaches and plenty of delicious ingredients.
- Slow cooker chocolate cake is decadent and only takes a few minutes of prep.
- Pumpkin dump cake is the perfect dessert for fall.
- Blueberry dump cake is a great addition to any dessert table.
- Pineapple dump cake is another great recipe that is a cinch to make.
3-Ingredient Dump Cake
3-ingredient peach dump cake is a delicious treat that is sure to become your favorite dessert. It’s been a favorite recipe of mine for years, and I’m so happy to share it with you.
The best part is that it is made with simple ingredients and is the perfect dessert.
Check the printable recipe card below for the full details and to keep this recipe in your stash of desserts you can count on for any occasion!
- 30 ounces of peach pie filling (I bought two 21 ounce cans and used one and a half of them).
- 15 ounce box of yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces of butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour the peaches into the baking dish.
Next, sprinkle the cake mix over the peaches.
Cut the butter into slices and place all over the cake mix.
Bake, uncovered, for approximately 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
If there are a few spots on top of the cake that still look like dry cake mix toward the end of the baking process, add a slice of butter over it and cook for a few more minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 760mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 2gSugar: 77gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.