Slow cooker ranch pork chops and potatoes are one of the most delicious and easy meals to make with only a few simple ingredients.
With tender shredded pork and soft flavorful potatoes, your family will ask for this again and again.
And, it’s a comforting dinner recipe any night of the week.
Best Slow Cooker Pork Chops
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by the Wisconsin Pork Producers Association. As always, the opinions are honest and are all my own.
We absolutely loved this pork chop meal here at the house, and there are several things I love about it.
It’s the perfect family meal. It gives us an opportunity to have a home-cooked meal at the table as a family.
We get to chat with the kids and know that they are eating a nutritious supper.
It is super easy to make and only takes about five minutes to get the ingredients into the Crock Pot and cooking, which is nice when we all stay so busy.
The pork cooks up so tender and falls apart the minute your fork touches it. The red potatoes are soft and the ranch seasoning adds so much flavor to the dish.
Another variation includes cream of mushroom soup or cheddar cheese soup.
And pork is perfect for barbecues, family gatherings, potlucks at church, holiday meals, and gatherings of any size because it’s so easy to make and leaves everyone full and satisfied.
Pork Chops And Potatoes
We grew up spending a lot of time on my grandparent’s farm in west Tennessee and eating quite a bit of pork.
My grandfather had a few hogs on his farm, so pork was something that we ate a lot of.
At the time, I just ate and ran. I had to get outside to play. I didn’t think about the nutrition that went into the food my grandparents served. But, now that I have my own family, that is very important to me.
Pork is much leaner than a lot of meats, so you don’t have to be worried about eating too much fat.
Pork.org said, “The popular pork tenderloin is considered ‘extra lean’ and has the same amount of fat as skinless chicken breast.”
Eating pork is also a great way to get plenty of protein and potassium.
According to Pork.org, “Pork, by definition, is an ‘excellent’ source of nutrients important in supporting our health, including vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus, niacin and selenium, and protein and a ‘good’ source of zinc, riboflavin and potassium.”
So adding pork to our diet is always a good thing.
Pork Is Raised By Farmers In America
One of the great things about eating pork is that it is raised in Wisconsin and other states in this country, so you’re helping local farmers.
The farmers are raising their hogs with care and when you buy it from the grocery store or a local meat market you are supporting those American farmers and their families.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops?
- Boneless pork chops
- Red potatoes
- Minced dried onion
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper
- Dry ranch seasoning
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. And, it’s printable.
How Do I Make The Crock Pot Pork Chops And Potatoes?
- Grease the inside of the Crock Pot.
- Rinse off and slice the potatoes into quarters.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the two cans of cream of chicken soup, minced dried onions, salt, pepper, dry ranch seasoning, and milk, and mix well.
- Place the potatoes in the Crock Pot and lay the pork chops on top.
- Pour the ranch mixture over the top.
- Cover the Crock Pot with the lid, turn the temperature on low, and set the timer for seven hours. Don’t remove the lid until the seven hours are up for best results.
- After seven hours, shred the pork chops, stir, and serve.
Step-By-Step Instructions For the Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops Recipe
Start by rinsing off and slicing the small red potatoes into quarters.
Next, grab another bowl and add two cans of cream of chicken soup and minced onion.
I use dried minced onion for this recipe. It adds a lot of flavor and I don’t have to spend any time dicing onions.
I like to try and find the easiest way to make a meal and create less fuss for weekday dinner recipes.
You can use fresh onions if you’d like to. If you use fresh onions, I would add about 1/4 cup, in lieu of the dried onions.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
Add the dry ranch dressing mix to the bowl.
You can use generic or Hidden Valley Ranch.
Finally, pour the milk into the bowl and mix well.
Grease the slow cooker and place potatoes in the bottom.
Place pork chops on top of the potatoes.
For this recipe, I used boneless pork chops. They are not super thick-cut pork chops.
You can use whatever size you’d like for this recipe. It will turn out a tender meat after cooking for several hours.
Pour ranch mixture and soup on top of the pork chops.
Place the lid on the Crock Pot and set the Crock Pot to cook on low heat for seven hours.
With the cooking time of seven hours, you will end up with the most tender pork chops and potatoes.
The mixture creates an amazingly delicious creamy ranch gravy when the meal is done slow cooking.
When the pork chops and potatoes recipe finishes cooking, remove the lid and shred the pork chops. Give everything a good stir.
That’s it! It’s ready to eat, and you don’t have to do much work for one amazing dinner.
Slow cooker creamy ranch pork chops are amazing every time.
The pork comes out so tender and flavorful after cooking for hours in the ranch seasoning and soups.
When pork chops are cooked in the Crock Pot for seven hours, they will reach the appropriate temperature.
When cooking pork chops in the oven or on the grill, they need to get to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
If you have any leftovers, you can keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Green beans
- Steamed veggies
- Green salad
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
I love to make slow cooker meals, especially if it’s a busy day or busy weeknight. It’s easy to make a delicious dinner for the family when you add things to the Crock Pot.
You can add some favorite sides to the dish or add some veggies right into the slow cooker.
Be sure to add these to your dinner rotation.
- Slow cooker pork roast with vegetables – this recipe is a huge hit during the winter months. It’s definitely one of our favorite recipes.
- Slow cooker Italian tortellini – the best part of this meal is the combination of delicious ingredients.
- Slow cooker smoked sausage and potato soup – this delicious recipe is packed with veggies and sausage. This also calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix, and it adds a lot of great flavor.
- Easy Crock Pot mashed potatoes – these are great if your oven is full. You can always add some creamy ranch sauce, cream cheese, or a dry mix ranch packet to make this a unique and fun recipe. Don’t forget the delicious gravy to pour over the top. (You can also make some gravy out of ranch dressing – give it a try!)
Variations and Tips for Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Instant Pot vs. Crockpot Pork Chops: What’s the Difference? While Instant Pot’s are great for quick meals, there’s something about the rich flavor of Crock Pot ranch pork chops that make them stand out. Whether you’re using boneless chops or bone-in, the results are always mouth-watering. The whole family will love them.
- Different Flavors: Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a little white wine for an extra twist. Your pork chops will be tender and flavorful every single time! It’s an easy meal that you can make the next time.
- Leftover Pork Chops? Here’s Your Next Day Meal Plan: Leftover Crock Pot ranch pork chops can be reinvented into an easy meal for lunch or dinner the next day. Pair them with some bread for an easy and quick meal. It’s one of my favorite ways to eat pork chops and potatoes.
- Boneless vs. Bone-in: Which Is Best For Crock Pot Pork Chops? Both have their merits, but for a long time, bone-in pork chops were my go-to for slow cooker recipes. They tend to retain moisture better, giving you succulent results every time. However, boneless are a fantastic way to make a delicious meal, and they turn out tender every time. So, it’s up to you.
- Simplify Your Cooking: Slow Cooker Liners and Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops If it’s your first time making this pork recipe, I sometimes use slow cooker liners for easy cleanup. Lay your pork chops in a single layer, add your canned soup of choice, and let the magic happen. The liners are great for easy, slow-cooker meals and quick cleanup.
- Pairing Ideas: What Goes Best With Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops? If you’re looking for an easy side dish to complement your slow cooker ranch pork chops, try some bread rolls. You can drizzle some butter and garlic powder over the top after baking. Or, try some Jiffy cornbread on the side.
- New Recipe Alert: Exploring Variations of Crock Pot Pork Chops While the classic ranch flavor remains a favorite, have you tried mixing it with a can of cream of mushroom soup? Or you can season the pork chops with an onion soup seasoning packet for a different flavor.
Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
Slow cooker ranch pork chops and potatoes are one of our family’s favorites. These are the best pork chops, and I know you will love them as much as we do.
With only a few simple ingredients, it’s easy to put together, and the end result is delicious.
If you’re looking for easy recipes that your family will love for dinner time, this is definitely worth trying. Be sure to get the recipe and give it a try yourself!
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking the comforting meal! This is a great recipe and I think you will love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 - 10.5 ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 ounce package dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Grease the slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse and slice the red potatoes into quarters.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the can of cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, minced onions, ranch seasoning, and milk and mix well.
- Add the potatoes to the slow cooker, and top with the pork chops.
- Next, pour the soup mixture over the top.
- Place the lid on top, set the temperature to low, and cook for seven hours.
- After seven hours, shred the pork chops and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1572mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
Nutrition is approximate.
Check out more delicious recipes at: