Slow cooker smoked sausage and potato soup is a hearty meal that the whole family will love.
The amazing recipe is nothing short of delicious comfort food. It’s super easy to make and includes plenty of vegetables.
Easy Slow Cooker Sausage
We love easy meals around here and that is one reason I love my Crock Pot. I can prep a little, let it cook all day, and have a fantastic meal in the evening.
The recipe includes potatoes, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and smoked sausage for those busy nights when you need a good meal for your family, but are short on time.
A Large Family Dinner
The slow cooker recipe is a very large recipe and will feed about eight people easily. I tend to make large recipes because I have two teenage boys that eat a lot.
You can easily cut this recipe in half if you don’t need to feed so many people.
We have a family of four and we had plenty for dinner and we had leftovers.
Crock Pot Recipes
Crock Pot recipes are almost always easy to fix. I love them so much because you can throw some things into the cooker and they will be nice and tender by the time you get home in the evening.
I’ve gone through quite a few Crock Pots because they are just so wonderful to use.
If the kids have something going on after school, or we have to get to a music lesson, it’s great to have dinner waiting at home.
I love knowing I don’t have to cook at the end of a long day, and the entire family loves to come home and eat right away.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Easy Slow Cooker Sausage?
- Beef smoked sausage
- Potatoes, diced
- Bell peppers
- Ranch seasoning
- Salt and black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Minced garlic
- Baby carrots
- Cream of chicken soup
- Diced onion
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Easy Crockpot Recipe?
- Peel and slice the potatoes and add them to the slow cooker.
- Slice the sausage and add it on top of the potatoes.
- Slice the bell peppers and add them and the carrots to the slow cooker.
- Next, dice the onions and mince the garlic and sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning.
- Spread the cream of chicken soup over the ingredients.
- Pour the chicken broth and water over all of the ingredients and give everything a good stir.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low heat for eight hours.
Start by peeling and dicing the potatoes and placing them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
I used six potatoes for this recipe. You can use three if you want to cut the recipe in half.
I used Russet potatoes, but you can also use Yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes, or even sweet potatoes for the recipe.
I probably go overboard on potatoes, but they are always a great addition.
Slice the sausage and add it to the cooker.
For this recipe, I used beef smoked sausage, which is similar to Kielbasa sausage.
You can also use Italian sausage if you’d like that instead. Either one will taste great.
I sliced the sausage with this handy little pair of kitchen scissors with a small cutting board attached to them. It worked perfectly. I will link them down in the recipe card.
Next, add the carrots and diced onion to the slow cooker.
I use baby carrots for the recipe because it’s easier to toss those in.
I had a super large onion, so I cut that in half and used it for the recipe. It came out to about one cup of diced onion.
Add the diced bell peppers to the cooker.
I used one green, one yellow, and one red bell pepper for a variety of flavors.
Top with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
I buy a container of pre-minced garlic because we use it a lot and it’s easy to reach in, spoon some out, and keep on cooking. It makes life a little easier.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on top of the sausage and potatoes recipe.
I love ranch seasoning. It’s so full of flavor and works with just about any dish.
You can also switch it out for onion soup mix. I was already adding onions, so I didn’t want to put onion soup mix in.
But, if you were to leave the onions out, that would be another great seasoning mix to add.
Spread the cream of chicken soup on top of the ingredients.
The recipe calls for cream of chicken soup, but if you wanted to make the recipe a little more cheesy, you could switch out the cream of chicken for cream of cheddar cheese soup.
You also have the option of cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup. There are a lot of varieties for this recipe.
Pour the chicken broth into the Crock Pot.
It seems strange to use chicken broth with sausage, but it adds so much flavor to the slow cooker meal.
Finally, pour the water over the ingredients. Give everything a good stir and place the lid on top.
Cook on the low heat setting for eight hours.
Once the recipe cooks for eight hours, it should be done. You will have nice tender potatoes and the other ingredients will be just as soft.
You can spoon it up and serve it with some cornbread.
This is a great recipe that uses simple ingredients. You can cut it in half if you don’t need as much.
It’s one of our favorite recipes now, and everyone here at the house loved it.
The hardest part of this recipe was deciding if we should use a fork or spoon to eat it!
Other Optional Ingredients For Sausage Potato Soup
- Italian seasoning
- Creole seasoning
- Onion soup mix
- Garlic powder
- Cajun-style andouille sausage
- Italian sausage
- Beef broth instead of chicken broth
- Red chili flakes for spice
- Green beans
How Do I Store The Easy Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes?
You can store the meal in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.
To reheat the next day, place some in a microwave-safe bowl and heat.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Easy slow cooker chicken and gravy recipe – this is one of the most popular recipes on the blog. It’s one of the easiest dinners to make and tastes pretty amazing.
- Slow cooker chicken and potato soup – this is so full of flavor and perfect for those cold nights.
- Crock Pot beef stew – we love this family favorite around here on busy days.
- Slow cooker pork shoulder is a fantastic meal any time of year and this perfect meal is super simple to make.
- Easy slow cooker pulled pork is great for barbecues, church potlucks, and big gatherings.
- Crock Pot Mississippi whole roast chicken, from The Country Cook, is a great dinner recipe that the family will love.
Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup
Check out the sausage and potato casserole recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is one of those easy Crock Pot recipes that you will love.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
We love to hear about how you tried a different ingredient or seasoning, so let us know!
- 24 ounces beef smoked sausage, sliced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 6 ounces baby carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ounce packet ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add the potatoes, sausage, bell peppers, carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Next, sprinkle the ranch seasoning, salt, and pepper over the top.
- Spread the cream of chicken soup over the top.
- Pour the chicken broth and water into the slow cooker and stir.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low heat for eight hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1419mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
Nutrition is approximate.