The best slow cooker pork tenderloin recipe is an easy one that has great flavor, is versatile and will cook without much effort.
The pork turns out so tender, and it’s a great way to cook dinner during the day and get it on the table on those busy weeknights.
Simple Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is a simple dish, and all you have to do is add some basic ingredients and let the pork marinate overnight.
Then, the next day turn on the Crock Pot, add a couple more simple ingredients and let it cook all day. It’s such an easy meal.
Getting it started only takes a few minutes of prep, and after cooking the next day, you get the most tender pork.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin
- Dr. Pepper
- Brown sugar
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Dry mustard
- Mashed potatoes or rice (optional)
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The Slow Cooker Pork Loin
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and brown sugar and mix.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a casserole dish and spread the seasonings all over the pork. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and let it sit overnight.
- When ready to cook it, spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add the pork tenderloin.
- Pour Dr. Pepper into the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low heat for seven hours.
- After seven hours, shred the pork.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker.
- Replace the lid and cook for 30 more minutes to allow the liquid to thicken a little.
- Serve the pork over mashed potatoes, rice, or alongside vegetables.
Making The Rub
Grab a small bowl and add the brown sugar.
Next, add the smoked paprika.
If you only have regular paprika, that will work, too.
Add the garlic salt, cumin, onion powder, and dry mustard.
Next, sprinkle the chili powder on top.
Finally, add the salt and black pepper.
Mix the ingredients.
Add the pork tenderloin to a casserole dish.
You don’t need to spray it because you won’t be using the dish for cooking. You will only be using the dish to allow the pork to marinate in the fridge.
Sprinkle the rub all over the pork and give it all a good rub in.
Make sure you get the rub on all sides of the pork. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
If you need to cook it sooner, that is fine. It’s not imperative that is sits for 24 hours with the rub, but the seasonings will penetrate the meat better the longer they sit.
Cooking In The Slow Cooker
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place the pork in the bottom.
Pour one can of Dr. Pepper over the pork.
Place the lid on top and cook on low heat for seven hours.
After seven hours, remove the slow cooker lid and shred the pork.
Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl and mix well.
Don’t add the cornstarch directly into the liquid in the Crock Pot, or it will clump up.
You want it to go into the pot in liquid form. I didn’t use a lot, so it wasn’t that thick of gravy. If you want it thicker, add some more cornstarch.
Pour the cornstarch and water into the slow cooker and mix. Replace the lid and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
Once you get to the end of the cooking time, it’s time to eat! You can pour a little bit of the gravy on top, and you’ve got a great meal!
I like to serve pork tenderloin over mashed potatoes with some vegetables on the side.
Foods To Serve With Shredded Pork Tenderloin
- Mashed potatoes
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
- Mixed vegetables
- Sweet potatoes
- Taco shells
- Red potatoes
Is A Meat Thermometer Needed?
You don’t need a meat thermometer for this slow cooker recipe. The cook time for the pork is almost eight hours of slow cooking, and it will be tender and done.
Is Pork Tenderloin A Lean Cut Of Meat?
Yes, pork tenderloin is lean meat, so you won’t have as much fat in the meal.
How To Store The Best Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
Store the pork in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Dinners
- Easy pan fried boneless pork chops are a great dinner for the whole family. It is a quick meal, and all you need is a large skillet and some pork chops.
- Classic tuna noodle casserole is a favorite recipe that you have loved from your childhood.
- Easy baked chicken and ranch is a mouthwateringly delicious dinner. And did we mention it’s easy?
- Crock Pot recipes are always a hit, and I know you will love chicken and gravy. It’s the perfect dinner to come home to.
Delicious Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Be sure to get the easy recipe for pork tenderloin below. Slow cooker meals are so easy to throw together, and they do all the work.
Plus, the Crock Pot pork tenderloin is always a great dish for those busy days.
The Best Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
Amazing pork tenderloin is so flavorful and easy to make. With just a few pantry seasonings and a Dr. Pepper, you'll have a great meal.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 12 ounce Dr. Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Add the rub ingredients to a small bowl and mix.
- Next, add the pork tenderloin to a casserole dish and pour the rub over each side.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours to marinate.
- After marinating, spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add the pork and pour a Dr. Pepper into the pot.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for seven hours.
- After seven hours, shred the pork.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and water and mix well. Pour the cornstarch into the slow cooker and mix.
- Replace the lid and cook for another 30 minutes and serve.
The gravy is not thick. If you'd like thicker gravy you will need to add more cornstarch. Use one cup of water to mix with the cornstarch.
Be sure to mix the cornstarch with water first, or it will clump up.
If you don't have 24 hours to marinate the pork, you can marinate it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, and it will still taste great.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 30g
Nutrition is approximate.