If you love easy recipes, you will love this Crock Pot hamburger and vegetable soup.
It is full of nutrients for your family and tastes delicious. With tender potatoes, tasty ground beef, and plenty of vegetables, the entire family will be happy.
A Hearty Hamburger Soup Recipe
The hearty meal, also known as poor man’s soup, is a family favorite, an easy soup recipe, and perfect for those cold nights.
It’s easy to throw together in the mornings and have a delicious meal in the evening.
The ground beef can be made ahead of time and frozen to save you some steps on busy days.
Buying Beef At A Discount
We love the beef at Fresh Market, and it’s usually a great price. We will get several pounds and freeze it to use at other times during the week.
If you can get the beef at a discount and cook it up and then freeze it, it makes life a lot easier. Then, you can pull it out and add it to the Crock Pot when you’re ready.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup Recipe
- Ground beef, cooked
- Diced onions cooked with beef
- Beef broth
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Frozen cubed potatoes
- Beefy onion recipe and dip mix
- Canned petite diced tomatoes
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make Slow Cooker Hamburger Stew
How To Make The Easy Crock Pot Hamburger And Vegetable Soup
- Spray a Crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the ground beef with the diced onions. Drain the excess grease and add it to the Crock Pot.
- Next, add the frozen potatoes, frozen vegetables, diced tomatoes, dip mix, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the top of the Crock Pot and cook on low for six hours.
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add the frozen cubed potatoes.
Next, add the can of diced tomatoes.
For this recipe, I used petite diced tomatoes. You can use your favorite kind; that’s just what I had on hand.
Pour the frozen vegetables into the slow cooker.
This is another ingredient that you can change. If you only like peas, you can add peas. Or, add your favorite vegetable.
This recipe features a frozen medley with green beans, carrots, butter beans, tomatoes, and corn. It all came in one bag from the grocery store freezer section.
Next, add the cooked ground beef and onions to the pot.
This is one of those ingredients that you can cook ahead of time. Then, pull it out the next day or when you’re ready to add it to the slow cooker.
I added the meat while it was still hot, but you can easily add it frozen.
Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of the beef.
The onion soup mix has quite a bit of salt and black pepper, so if you’d like to add more, that is up to you.
Pour the beef broth into the Crock Pot and give everything a good stir to combine.
Place the lid on top and set the cooker for six hours on low.
After six hours dinner is done and ready to serve!
You can add some crackers or some crusty bread on the side for dipping.
Other Optional Ingredients Or Flavors
The great thing about this recipe is that you can switch out the beef, the soup mixes, or add a few different ingredients.
- Taco soup seasoning
- Green onions
- Russet potatoes (instead of frozen)
- Diced red potatoes
- Diced sweet potatoes
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Ground turkey
- Lean ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- Diced bell pepper
- Chili powder
More Delicious Recipes
- Homemade Hamburger Helper is a great meal that is perfect for picky eaters.
- Copycat Hamburger Helper beef stroganoff is another hearty dish that is budget-friendly.
- Slow cooker potato soup is a great soup that only requires a few ingredients but it turns out delicious every time.
- The best slow cooker bbq chicken is one of those slow cooker recipes that are super easy to make and turns out so flavorful each time.
Easy Crock Pot Hamburger And Vegetable Soup Recipe
Hearty vegetables, ground meat, and potatoes make up this classic soup that you can make with minimal effort.
This is a healthy hamburger soup recipe that is perfect for wintertime. Crock Pot hamburger soup is a great recipe to make for the family.
Be sure to get the recipe below.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 6 cups beef broth
- 15 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 ounces frozen cubed potatoes
- 1 ounce beefy onion soup and dip mix
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- Cook the ground beef and onions and drain the grease.
- Spray the Crock Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the potatoes, vegetables, diced tomatoes, ground beef, and onions to the Crock Pot.
- Next, sprinkle the onion soup mix over the top.
- Pour the beef broth into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for six hours.
You can make the ground beef and onion mixture ahead of time and place it in the Crock Pot when ready. You can freeze the meat and put it in the cooker frozen. The time to cook will remain the same.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1184mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 37g
Nutrition is approximate.