Slow cooker Italian tortellini recipe is an easy recipe that can be prepped in under 30 minutes.
The five-ingredient recipe is hearty and is a family favorite.
The Ultimate Comfort Food
Tortellini with sausage and ground beef cooked in a pink sauce is nothing short of a delicious big bowl of comfort.
The recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prep and get into the slow cooker. And after a few hours, dinner is ready.
A Super Easy Slow Cooker Meal
The good news is that slow cooker tortellini is super easy to make, and that’s one of the reasons we love this recipe.
- It’s hearty and will fill up hungry kids.
- The recipe will feed a crowd.
- There are only a few ingredients.
- The ingredients are so flavorful together.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Slow Cooker Italian Tortellini Recipe?
- Family-size package of cheese tortellini
- Ground beef
- Pork sausage
- Spaghetti sauce
- Alfredo sauce
Watch How To Make Slow Cooker Italian Tortellini
How To Make Crock Pot Tortellini
- Cook the ground beef and sausage on the stove top and drain the grease.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add the beef and sausage.
- Next, pour the spaghetti and Alfredo sauce into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on the low heat setting for three hours.
- Add the tortellini and stir to cover.
- Cook another 30 to 45 minutes and serve.
Start by cooking the ground beef and sausage in a skillet on the stove top. Drain the grease when it’s done cooking.
To make life easier, I stick both the sausage and the beef in the skillet together.
I chose mild sausage for the recipe, but you can use hot or hot Italian sausage as well.
Next, add the spaghetti sauce.
I used Ragu meat sauce because that is one of our favorites. But you can use your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce.
Add the Alfredo sauce to the slow cooker.
I used Bertolli Garlic Alfredo. Again, choose your favorite Alfredo sauce.
The combination of the red and white sauce is so flavorful. It’s typically called a pink sauce.
Mix everything together and place the lid on top. Cook on low heat for three hours.
The combined pasta sauce offers fantastic flavor to this comforting dinner.
After three hours, add the cheese-filled tortellini to the Crock Pot, and stir until they are covered. Replace the lid and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
If the tortellini is frozen, cook it for about 45 minutes and check it. If still cold, cook about 15 minutes longer.
For this recipe, I used a brand called Rana. I bought the family-size pack of cheese tortellini.
I froze them until I was ready to use them. After I started the slow cooker, I took them out of the freezer and placed them into the refrigerator until I was ready to add them.
If you can get a hold of some fresh tortellini, that’s delicious as well.
- Fresh spinach – simply add the spinach to the sauce and let it cook along with the meat and sauce.
- White wine – add a little bit of white wine for some added flavor.
- Chicken sausage or turkey sausage instead of pork ground sausage.
- Lean ground beef or ground turkey.
- Mozzarella cheese – add at the same time as the tortellini.
- Italian cheese blend – add some more Italian flavor to the dish.
- Fresh mushrooms – add when you start the cooking process.
- Italian seasoning – sprinkle one tablespoon into the slow cooker at the beginning of the cooking process.
- Cream cheese – for a more cheesy flavor, add some diced cream cheese when you start the cooking process.
- Parmesan cheese – sprinkle some on top when the dinner is finished cooking.
How To Store The Slow Cooker Italian Tortellini Recipe
Keep the tortellini recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Dishes That Go Well With The Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini Recipe
- Garlic bread is always a great side with pasta. Savor The Best has a great recipe for flavorful garlic bread with garlic powder, minced garlic, parsley, and more.
- A simple side salad
- Caprese salad
- Garlic breadsticks
Be sure to get the recipe below for slow cooker Italian tortellini with ground beef and sausage.
The slow cooker recipe is such a good meal and is pure comfort food. Plus, meal prep is a cinch.
It’s perfect for a rainy day or any time.
And I promise everyone will love it and be full at the end of the meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 15 ounce jar Alfredo sauce
- 20 ounce bag 5-cheese tortellini pasta
- Cook the ground beef and sausage in a large skillet on the stove top. Drain the grease.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the beef and sausage to the slow cooker.
- Next, add the spaghetti and Alfredo sauce and mix well.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for three hours.
- After three hours, add the tortellini and stir to cover. Replace the lid and cook for another 30 to 45 minutes.
I used Ragu meat spaghetti sauce, Bertolli garlic Alfredo sauce, and Rana 5 Cheese tortellini.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 820Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 1719mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
Nutrition is approximate.