Crock Pot Beef and Noodles is a delicious dinner that is easy to make and very budget-friendly. This is one of those ground beef Crock Pot recipes that you’ll use again and again.
I love beef and noodles. You can make this recipe often and switch things out to get a different flavor or texture.
I used macaroni noodles in this pasta bowl, but you can really use any kind of noodle that you’d like. It’s going to turn out delicious no matter how you make it.
Typically, I will buy whatever noodles are on sale and use those for this kind of dish. It makes life easier and I don’t end up spending as much money.
I shop a lot at Aldi’s and they have some great prices on noodles, and let me tell you, they are super large boxes. too. I can get at least two meals out of one box.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
You’re going to start by adding some butter and minced garlic to a skillet and let it roast for a minute or so, just to brown it.
Garlic is unquestionably one of my favorite things to add to a dish. It adds so much flavor, and moreover, I love it roasted in butter. Seriously, does it get better than this?
Next, add the onions and let them sauté for a few minutes. They will start to look a little more translucent. That’s the look you’re going for.
After cooking the onions, add the ground beef and chop it up. Let it cook until it’s brown. I used about 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef for this recipe. We have two teenage boys in the house, and they can eat, so I usually try to get as much meat in as I can.
I buy my meat at The Fresh Market these days. They have a sale once a week and I go and stock up. Their meat is really our favorite around here, and you can’t beat a sale.
You can also use ground turkey or chicken for this recipe.
I use a chopper to break up the meat. It is a great tool to have in the kitchen. Years ago, I would use a spatula, and I wasn’t really happy doing it that way. Then, I discovered this chopper through Pampered Chef and I absolutely love it. In fact, my friend and I were talking about it the other day on phone. It’s a super cool tool.
They sell it on Amazon and you can get other brands, as well. It’s a great tool to have in the kitchen.
Once the meat is cooked, go ahead and drain it and get all of the grease off.
As a little side note, I usually put my meat in a strainer to drain the grease. I will run hot water over it to get as much grease off as possible.
Now, you’re going to add the beef to the slow cooker, pour in the Worcestershire sauce, and the beef broth. I had to look up how to spell Worcestershire. I may not know how to spell it (or say it correctly), but I sure like to eat it. It adds such great flavor.
The combination of the two gives this slow cooker beef and noodles a stronger flavor. If you don’t want such a strong flavor, you can add half water and half beef broth.
Once you’ve got everything in the Crock Pot, stir it and place the lid on top and let it cook for four hours on low.
After four hours, add the noodles to the Crock Pot.
I press the noodles down into the liquid so they will soak it up. The noodles should cook within about half an hour or so. Sometimes it takes a little longer.
If the noodles have soaked up all of the liquid, but are still not completely cooked, add about 1/2 cup of water and give them a few more minutes to soak up the water. If you do add water, give everything a stir once more and press the noodles down into the water again.
When the noodles are soft, add the sour cream to the pot.
Finally, add the cream of mushroom soup to the Crock Pot and give everything a good stir until it is all combined. Yum!
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles is a great meal any night of the week. It’s easy, and it will feed a lot of people. All four of us, here in the house, ate a large bowl and we still had leftovers. I ended up eating another bowl for lunch the next day and we still had a little left.
How to make Crock Pot Creamy Beef and Noodles
- Cook the garlic, onions, and beef in a skillet
- Drain and add to a Crock Pot. Add the Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Cook on low for four hours.
- Add the noodles and cook until they are soft. Add water if needed.
- Finally, add the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and stir.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 16 oz. noodles
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add the butter to a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and roast it for a minute. Next, add the onion and saute.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Drain.
- Next, add the beef to the Crock Pot.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce and beef broth into the Crock Pot. Stir, place the lid on top, and cook on low for four hours.
- After four hours, add the noodles. Stir and make sure the noodles are covered with liquid so they will soak it up. Cook until soft, approximately 30 minutes. If the noodles need more liquid, add 1/2 cup of water, stir everything, and cook again until soft.
- Once noodles have softened, add the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and stir.
Be sure to press the noodles down into the liquid so they will soak it up.
- The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop #2583
- Hamilton Beach 040094336609 Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver, 6-Quart, Stainless Steel (33660)
- Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set with Large 8 Cup Measuring Cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 391 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 669mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 24g