Easy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cake is a combination of creamy pudding and a moist, fluffy cake. It’s a delectable treat that adds the flavor of chocolate with a cooked crunch of brown sugar.
You know, I am all about easy recipes, and this is a prime example of a simple, no-fuss recipe. And, it feeds a lot of people. If you have company coming over and need to make something, this is perfect.
My grandmother made a ton of cakes. Baking was her thing. She never made this cake, but I think she would have really liked it. She was famous for her pies, at least in my mind, but she could whip up the perfect cake in no time.
This recipe only has 6 simple ingredients, so it’s inexpensive, too.
Recipe and printable instructions listed at bottom of post.
Add the cake mix and the instant pudding mix to a medium-sized bowl.
Add the milk and the eggs…
I love that one little droplet of milk starts to turn the vanilla pudding yellow. It’s like magic, and it’s simple enough to make me happy.
Once you’ve given everything a stir and it looks smooth and beautiful, pour it into the greased cake pan. I used a 13″ x 9″ pan, and you will need one that big.
Next, sprinkle the brown sugar on the top. Spread it out as evenly as possible. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
Finally, sprinkle the semi-sweet chocolate chips all over the top. They will rest nicely in the brown sugar lumps.
Bake it for about 30 minutes. You can test it with a knife or cake tester in the center. If it comes out clean it’s done. If not, stick it back in for just a few more minutes.
By this time, your house is going to smell amazing. It’s a wonderful, comforting smell. And look at those chocolate chips, all warm and gooey, just begging for you to eat them.
Isn’t it gorgeous? I had to put up the photo of the entire cake, because it was just so pretty. The brown sugar melted into a crunchy sweet bite, with bits of melted chocolate. Yep, it’s delicious.
Other cakes you will love:
- Praline Pecan Banana Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Syrup Cake
- Pound Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Hot Fudge Pudding
- 16.25 oz. white cake mix
- 3.4 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 10-12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- In a large bowl add the dry cake mix and dry instant vanilla pudding.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Check out more recipes at: