Quick and Easy Homemade Fudge is made with a combination of chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter chips.
And, it’s one of the best fudge recipes made with sweetened condensed milk.
Delicious Creamy Fudge
The old-fashioned fudge, made with simple ingredients, can be made in five to ten minutes so you can get on to other things.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to set up so you can eat it.
This is one of the easiest fudge recipes out there, and you don’t need a candy thermometer to make the creamy smooth sweet treat.
The easy fudge recipe is one of my favorites because you can have it ready in less than ten minutes; although, it does take a couple of hours to set up once you’ve poured it into the pan.
I am a total sucker for fudge. It’s one of my favorite desserts.
I will take it any way I can get it, so, when the holidays are here, I use it as an excuse to make it as often as possible.
I love all of the different types of recipes for fudge, including chocolate and old-fashioned peanut butter with marshmallow creme.
Since this fudge is made with four different types of chips, it makes it a little different and I love the explosion of flavors when you bite into a piece.
Plus, the fudge stays soft after it sets up.
This simple recipe only calls for five ingredients which makes this even better, and you can change the flavor of the chips to make it any flavor you’d like.
If you like mint, you can switch it out with one of the other flavors for easy variations.
Keep this in mind while you’re planning out gifts for teachers, friends, and neighbors this holiday season.
It’s a budget-friendly dessert that everyone loves.
What Basic Ingredients Do I Need To Make This Quick And Easy Homemade Fudge?
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The Five-Ingredient Fudge Recipe From Scratch?
- Add the chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, and peanut butter chips to a saucepan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the pan.
- Turn the heat on medium and stir occasionally until the mixture is melted.
- Pour the fudge into a lightly greased 8-inch x 8-inch casserole dish and allow to set up for several hours.
Add the white chocolate chips to the saucepan.
Next, add the peanut butter chips to the saucepan.
I actually can’t remember if I added the butterscotch or peanut butter chips first since they look similar in color, but the great thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t matter.
It’s easy and that’s a great thing.
Pour the butterscotch chips into the saucepan next.
Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Finally, pour the sweetened condensed milk into the saucepan.
I honestly don’t know if there is anything more wonderful than sweetened condensed milk.
It makes everything better. Just knowing it’s in my cabinet makes me sleep better at night – ha!
Like Martha always says, “It’s a good thing.”
Turn the heat onto the medium heat setting.
The mixture will melt fairly fast, so keep an eye on it.
Don’t go off and fold clothes, because it will start to stick to the bottom. Not that I’ve ever done that. Ahem.
But, the best part is that you don’t have to wait for the perfect temperature or worry about figuring out the soft ball stage (I am terrible at that).
Pour the fudge mixture into an 8-inch x 8-inch casserole dish.
I lined the dish with tinfoil so it would make cleaning up a lot easier. I sprayed a small amount of non-stick spray on the tinfoil and it worked perfectly.
You can also use parchment paper to line the square pan if you have some.
Allow the fudge to set up for a couple of hours. If you’re in a hurry, you can pop it in the fridge and it will set up a lot faster.
That’s it! It’s one of the easiest condensed milk fudge recipes out there.
- Chopped pecans – sprinkle a handful on top
- Chopped walnuts – switch out the pecans with a handful of walnuts or mix them right in.
- Sprinkled sea salt on top – add a pinch of salt to the top for a delicious treat.
- Mini marshmallows – sprinkle a few on top while as soon as you pour the fudge into the pan.
- Crushed candy canes – break up some of the candy treats and sprinkle them over the top for a holiday favorite.
- Potato chips – break up a few and add them right to the top.
How Do I Store The Fudge?
You can store the fudge in an airtight container on the counter, at room temperature, or in the refrigerator.
Popular Fudge Recipes:
Grab some favorite holiday treats from the list below. They are great for sharing with family or friends.
- The best chocolate fudge recipe
- Old fashioned fudge with peanut butter
- Butter pecan fudge
- Peanut butter fudge to die for
- White chocolate fudge dessert
- Rocky road fudge from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Quick and Easy Homemade Fudge Recipe
Check out the easy homemade fudge recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a decadent dessert any time of year and I know you’ll love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your fudge on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Add the white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, and chocolate chips to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Turn the heat on medium and stir occasionally until melted.
- Pour into an 8-inch by 8-inch prepared baking pan that is either lightly greased or lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Allow to set up for several hours.
Line the pan with tinfoil to make clean up easier. Lightly grease the tinfoil to keep the fudge from sticking.
You can leave the fudge on the counter or place it in the refrigerator. It will set up faster if you place it in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 6.6gSaturated Fat: 4.6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 22.3gProtein: 2.4g