Dark chocolate fudge, with sea salt, is a creamy, rich, decadent recipe, and easy to make.
The sweet treat is perfect for any occasion including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe
A lot of people get intimidated by making fudge, but if you have all of the right tools, it’s a simple recipe.
The traditional fudge recipe can be made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even peanut butter chips.
If you’re having a party or a family gathering, it’s a great addition to the dessert table.
Believe me, your taste buds will thank you for making it. But beware, it goes fast, so make sure you have plenty.
Dark Chocolate Fudge Ingredient Checklist
Full printable recipe card with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
- Evaporated milk
- Marshmallow creme
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Sea salt
How To Make Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt on medium heat.
- Pour the sugar into the pan.
- Add the evaporated milk to the pan and mix the ingredients together.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and boil the ingredients until the candy thermometer reaches 234-degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the marshmallow cream.
- Next, pour the vanilla extract into the pan and stir.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a square baking pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow the fudge to cool and set up for at least four hours.
Start by adding the butter to a medium saucepan on the stove top and melt it on medium heat.
Next, combine sugar with the butter.
Pour the evaporated milk into the pan and mix the ingredients together.
Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir occasionally.
If you plan to cook the fudge without a thermometer, you will need to time it for four minutes from the time it reaches a rolling boil.
A rolling boil is when it continues to boil while you stir.
Place the candy thermometer in the saucepan and cook until it reaches 234-degrees.
Make sure the thermometer is not touching the bottom of the pan or it will give an incorrect reading.
Once the temperature reaches 234-degrees, remove the pan from the stovetop, add the marshmallow cream, and stir until it is melted.
I like to add the marshmallow first because the temperature in the pan is super hot and it melts fairly fast.
Next, pour the vanilla extract into the pan and stir until combined.
Add the chocolate chips to the pan and stir until the chocolate is melted. The chocolate melts fast when you stir because it’s still very hot.
Finally, pour the dark chocolate fudge into a square pan and sprinkle the sea salt on top. You really only need a pinch of salt on top.
I used an 8″ x 8″ pan, but anything close to that size will work, as well. If you want to spread the fudge out more, you can pour it into a 9″ x 13″ pan. The fudge will not be as thick.
You can either use regular sea salt or flaky sea salt on the top.
Allow the fudge to cool and set up for about four hours.
For the prepared pan, you can either grease the pan before pouring the fudge into it or cut out some parchment paper and use that.
The nice thing about using parchment paper is that you can lift the fudge out when it cools to cut it.
It is torture for me to wait for the fudge to set up. There’s usually a big spot in the corner where we all grab a spoon and dig in. We just can’t help it. We are such fudge piggies.
This is the best creamy fudge recipe, and dark chocolate has a wonderful chocolate flavor.
Once the fudge sets up, you can cut it into squares with a sharp knife.
You can cut it into small pieces if you’d like it to go a long way because it’s rich and you will fill up on it fast.
To store fudge you can either cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.
More Mouthwatering Fudge Recipes
- Hershey’s chocolate fudge – this is the fudge that your grandma used to make. It’s the recipe from the side of the Hershey’s Cocoa can.
- The best chocolate fudge recipe – this is a classic recipe for chocolate fudge.
- Butter pecan fudge – this has been a popular recipe on the blog. It is out-of-this-world amazing. You will want to make it often.
- Peanut butter fudge – this recipe really is to die for. It’s soooo good.
- Tiger butter fudge – this is a fun recipe because it’s so pretty and it’s super duper easy to make.
- Easy Reese’s Peanut Butter fudge – this is a must-make recipe that is not only incredibly delicious but fun to make.
- Rocky road fudge recipe from Southern Home Express – there’s nothing better than the crunch and creaminess of rocky road.
Dark Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab the ingredients, and start cooking! This is a sweet chocolate dessert and such an easy recipe for any occasion.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your fudge on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1-1/2 sticks of butter
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 7 oz. marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Add the butter to a saucepan and melt on medium heat.
- Pour the sugar and evaporated milk into the pan and mix well.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the temperature up to 234-degrees and remove from heat.
- Add the marshmallow creme and mix until melted.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir until melted.
- Pour the fudge into a greased square 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" square dish and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Allow the fudge to set up for about four hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares and serve.
TIP: Either grease the pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper. If you line the pan with parchment paper, you can easily lift the fudge out of the pan, after it sets up, and slice it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.