I will take fudge any way I can get it. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch fudge, you name it, I will eat it. I hope you keep coming back to see me here on the blog, and I’ll share all the different types of fudge out there.
I like my fudge to melt in my mouth, and be a soft consistency. This recipe is so versatile, and it always stays soft. There’s a buttery flavor to white chocolate fudge, which surprised me a bit–in a really good way.
Once I get the butter melted and the sugar and evaporated milk starts to boil, the kids come running. They are thrilled when they know the fudge spoon is going to be in their mouth in a matter of minutes.
I’ve started to gauge my recipes on how much the neighborhood kids like what I’ve made. If they come back and ask for more, it’s kid-approved. I can’t tell you how many times the kids in the neighborhood have asked for more fudge, so trust me, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. And it’s easy!
Step 1: Start melting the butter in the saucepan.
Step 2: Add the evaporated milk and sugar. Stir until it’s blended well.
Step 3: Bring it to a boil and let it cook for 4 minutes, or until the candy thermometer reaches 234-degrees. Mmmm…you’re getting closer.
Step 4: Add the marshmallow cream and stir it in.
Step 5: Add the white chocolate chips, stir them in, and pour it into a 9″ x 9″ pan.
Note: I usually add vanilla, but since I didn’t have any clear vanilla, I left it out. It tastes just as good, so don’t worry if you don’t add vanilla to this recipe.
Optional Step 6: Add M&M’s, glitter, and silver sprinkles while the fudge is still hot. Press the M&M’s and silver sprinkles down gently, to set them into the fudge. These make a great Valentine’s Day treat.
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 - 5oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 10-11 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 - 7 oz. can marshmallow cream
- M&M's, sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the evaporated milk and sugar and stir.
- Bring to a full rolling boil on medium, stirring constantly. Cook until candy thermometer reaches 234-degrees or for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallow cream. Stir until blended.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Add M&M's and sprinkles while the fudge is still hot (optional).