While taco night is a family favorite, it’s fun to shake things up a bit with Mexican recipes.
This easy slow cooker ground beef Mexican casserole with ground beef is that easy recipe you need for busy weeknights that is sure to please your whole family.
A Very Easy Meal
Of course, if you simply want a fiesta any time, this weeknight meal is a snap to make with wholesome ingredients that come together to create those bold and yummy flavors everyone loves.
Make Crock Pot Mexican Casserole for Taco Tuesday
Mexican food is always delicious. There’s just something about those zesty and bold flavors. And cheese. Who could say no to that?
This taco casserole recipe has everything you need to bring that full-on flavor to the table.
And the best part is that it’s a slow cooker casserole, which means you hardly have to do anything at all to make it.
If you’re looking for easy ground beef recipes to put into your weekly rotation, this is a great recipe that you’ll be turning to time and time again to feed your family on weeknights or make for friends as a weekend meal.
I personally love a hands-off meal that lets you enjoy eating with the ones you love most. If you love tacos, you’ve got to give this recipe a try!
All you need are some simple ingredients that you’ve probably already got in your pantry, saving you a trip to the grocery store.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
- Ground beef
- Diced white onion
- Taco seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Whole kernel corn
- Black beans drained
- Enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Flour or corn tortillas
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make Slow Cooker Taco Casserole
- Cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic. Drain the grease.
- Add the salt, pepper, Rotel, corn, black beans, and enchilada sauce and mix well.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with tortillas, the meat mixture, and a handful of shredded cheese.
- Layer several more times. Top with cheese and cook on low for four hours.
Start by adding the ground beef to a large saucepan.
This Mexican casserole is also great with lean ground beef or ground turkey if you’d like to put a healthier spin on it.
Next, add the diced onions and minced garlic to the pan. Cook the ingredients until the meat is done, and drain the grease.
Once you drain the grease, add the meat back to the saucepan. Drain the liquid off of the corn and add the corn to the saucepan.
Next, add the can of Rotel to the saucepan.
Drain the juice from the can of black beans and add the beans to the saucepan.
Next, add the enchilada sauce to the pan.
Add the taco seasoning and mix all of the ingredients to combine.
Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with flour tortillas.
You can use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas if you’d prefer or if you need to keep it gluten-free.
The flour tortillas tend to soak up a little more moisture from the meat mixture, so you can use corn tortillas as another option, if you’d like to.
Spread some of the meat mixture over the flour tortillas.
Sprinkle a handful of cheese on top and repeat at least two more times.
Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook for four hours on low, and it’s ready to serve.
Favorite Toppings (Optional)
- Green onions
- Chopped onions
- Bell peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Green chiles
- A dollop of sour cream.
- You can (and should!) add more cheese too. You can use cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese blend.
How To Store The Casserole
Store the casserole in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until you are ready to reheat.
The Perfect Sides With Mexican Casserole
Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole With Ground Beef Recipe Card
All your favorite Mexican flavors come together in this great dish. There’s so much great flavor to be had.
Add this easy slow-cooker beef tortilla casserole to your Crock Pot recipes, and you’ll be all set for a weeknight meal, weekend dinners, parties, or any time you just want those amazing Mexican flavors to whisk you away.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 diced white onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (optional)
- 2-10 ounce cans of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 15.25 ounce can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 15.25 ounce can of black beans, drained
- 19 ounce can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 ounce package of taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- Cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic in a large saucepan. Drain the grease.
- Add the ground beef back into the saucepan and add the corn, Rotel, black beans, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning and mix well.
- Grease a slow cooker and line the bottom with three to four flour or corn tortillas.
- Spread some of the meat mixture over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle a handful of cheese over the meat mixture.
- Repeat the layering process two to three more times.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for four hours.
The flour tortillas tend to absorb more moisture. If you don't like that, use corn tortillas instead.
Salt and pepper are optional, as the taco seasoning usually has plenty of salt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1640mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 48g
Nutrition is approximate.