If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love, look no further than this slow cooker chicken and pasta recipe.
Just toss everything into the Crock Pot and let it cook to perfection. Serve with a side of garlic bread and some green beans for a complete meal.
A Comforting Meal
Chicken and pasta are always a comforting meal and perfect for those colder days. The recipe is easy to make, only requires a few ingredients, and turns out tasty every time.
And this is one of those slow cooker recipes that are very versatile. You can change the soup flavors, add some ranch seasoning, or even some Alfredo sauce.
It’s also a great recipe because you can add frozen chicken to the Crock Pot if you don’t have any thawed out.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Tender Chicken and Pasta
- Boneless chicken breast
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Condensed cream of cheese soup
- Packet of dry onion soup mix
- Chicken broth
- Macaroni noodles
Full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How To Make The Slow Cooker Chicken And Pasta
- Grease the Crock Pot with nonstick spray.
- Add the cream of chicken and cream of cheese soup.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the top.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on top and cook for seven hours.
- After seven hours, shred the chicken and add the macaroni noodles to the pot. Cook for one more hour or until the noodles are tender.
Start by adding the condensed cream of chicken soup into a greased slow cooker.
I always grease the sides and bottom of the slow cooker with some nonstick cooking spray because it makes cleaning up so much easier after it’s done cooking.
Next, add the condensed cream of cheese soup to the cooker.
You can switch out the soups to make things a little different each time you make the recipe.
More Soup Choices
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of celery soup
- Cream of tomato soup
- Cream of French onion soup
- Or, you can add the same type of soup, but with less sodium.
Add the onion soup mix to the slow cooker.
For this recipe, I used a two ounce package of Lipton’s Soup and Dip Mix.
You can add salt and pepper to the recipe, but I would wait until it’s done cooking because the onion soup mix is usually salty and you’ll want to taste it first.
Pour the chicken broth into the Crock Pot and mix the ingredients.
Place the chicken into the pot and cover with the lid. Cook for seven hours on the low setting.
My chicken was a little bit frozen when I placed it in the Crock Pot.
So, if you’re like me and forget to set out your chicken to thaw, it’s ok to place it in there frozen.
If it’s not frozen, that is ok, too.
Once you reach seven hours, shred the chicken.
Add the uncooked pasta noodles to the shredded chicken and stir until they are all covered.
Cook for about one more hour or until the noodles are done cooking.
I used macaroni noodles because that’s what I had on hand. Bow tie pasta, spaghetti noodles, penne pasta, or anything like that will work for this recipe.
Stir before serving.
I recently discovered prepackaged cooked pasta noodles. It was like I heard the angels singing. Cooked noodles?! How wonderful.
If you can find some of those and want to use them instead, add them to the slow cooker after about seven hours and thirty minutes. You’re only warming them up since they are already cooked.
How To Store The Chicken and Pasta
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To reheat the slow cooker dinner, simply add some to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for a couple of minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
Be careful, it’s hot!
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top
- Add some red pepper flakes for extra spice
- Alfredo sauce
- Garlic powder
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Fresh garlic
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
- One pot Hamburger Helper beef pasta
- Chicken Alfredo pasta recipe
- Ground beef penne pasta bake
- Classic tuna noodle casserole
- Crockpot chicken and rice
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo from Chef Savvy
With just a handful of ingredients, this slow cooker creamy chicken pasta dish can be cooking while you’re doing other things.
It’s perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
So why not give this great recipe a try for dinner tonight? I promise you won’t be disappointed.
You can easily add a side salad or some veggies on the side.
And, if this becomes a family favorite, make sure to let me know in the comments!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 4 raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of cheese soup
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 ounces onion soup mix (it comes in one packet)
- 16 ounces pasta noodles
- Pinch of salt and black pepper (optional)
- Grease a Crock Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the two cream soups, onion soup mix, and chicken broth and mix well.
- Next, add the chicken, place lid on top, and cook for seven hours on the low setting.
- After seven hours, shred chicken and add the uncooked pasta. Cook for one more hour or until the pasta is tender.
If you purchase pre-cooked noodles, you can add them to the chicken after 7-1/2 hours. Then, cook for 30 more minutes.
The meal can be cooked on high for about four hours but will be more tender if cooked for eight.
I cook the chicken for eight hours on low, even if frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1492mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
Nutrition is approximate.