This easy Crock Pot meatball recipe is made up of frozen meatballs, barbecue sauce, and grape jelly. I think you will absolutely love it because it might just be one of the easiest appetizers or dinners you’ve ever made.
You can get the meatballs prepped and cooking in less than five minutes and take them to a party for everyone to rave over!
A Recipe with Simple Ingredients
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is already over, and we are headed into the new year! How did the year go by so fast?
I know one thing is for sure, after the holiday party season–I am ready to bring the best appetizers to the next party, and this is one great recipe.
I first tried these meatballs at a church party and have loved them ever since.
We’ve been running around like crazy lately, and it’s hard to get dinner on the table sometimes. Easy Crock Pot recipes are always a good solution, so you can set it and forget it, like this one.
On those crazy nights, I love to get out my Crock Pot. It’s a mom’s best friend.
The Crock Pot meatballs are a cinch to make. It takes about five minutes to throw together, a few hours to cook, and then you’ve got dinner.
You can take the meatballs to a party, add them to a plate with a side of mashed potatoes, or even have meatball subs.
If you love meatballs, give this authentic Italian meatballs and sauce recipe a try from No Plate Like Home.
What Ingredient Do I Need to Make the Crock Pot Meatballs?
- Frozen meatballs (or make some at home)
- Grape jelly
- Barbecue sauce
Printable recipe card below with measurements and instructions.
How Do I Make the Meatballs?
- Add the grape jelly and the barbecue sauce to the Crock Pot and stir.
- Next, add the meatballs and stir around to make sure they are covered.
- Cook for a few hours and serve.
Spray the Crock Pot with a non-stick spray. Add the grape jelly and barbecue sauce to the Crock Pot.
Mix the grape jelly and barbecue sauce together. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce, but you can use your favorite brand.
When you get the barbecue sauce, be sure not to get a sweeter kind, simply because it might make the meatballs too sweet because you already have the grape jelly that will sweeten the meatballs.
Add the meatballs and make sure they are mixed in well and somewhat covered with sauce.
Set the Crock Pot on high for about 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Give it a stir about halfway through.
That’s it. You’ll really love the meatballs because they are so easy to make. Whenever I go to a party or a church potluck, I am thrilled when I see meatballs in the Crock Pot.
It’s a popular recipe, and they are always scooped up fast!
Ways to Add Variety To the Crock Pot BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Make homemade meatballs. Make the meatballs out of lean ground beef or ground turkey. Or, use a combination of ground beef and pork.
- Add different ingredients to create variety in the meatballs.
- Chili sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Ground turkey
- Tomato sauce
- Onion powder
- Brown sugar with warm spices.
- Italian seasoning, and so much more.
- Add some little smokies to the recipe along with BBQ sauce.
- Serve on top of egg noodles or spaghetti noodles and sauce.
- Serve as an easy appetizer that can stay warm in the Crock Pot or top a hoagie bun.
Tips For Cooking Meatballs
- Brown the Meatballs First: If you have time, briefly brown the meatballs in a skillet over medium-high heat before adding them to the slow cooker. This adds depth to the flavor and texture.
- Adding Beef Broth: For a juicier result, consider adding a cup of beef broth to the bottom of the slow cooker. This not only prevents sticking but also adds a rich flavor.
- Sour Cream for Swedish Meatballs: Transform your BBQ meatballs into a Swedish-style dish by adding sour cream and lemon juice to the sauce, creating a creamy and tangy flavor.
- Extra Sauce for Versatility: Prepare a little extra sauce on the side. It’s great for dipping or drizzling over your favorite side dishes.
- Utilize Bread Crumbs: If you’re making meatballs from scratch, mix in bread crumbs with the meatball mixture. This helps to keep them tender and moist.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: Try adding a can of cream of mushroom soup to the sauce for a variation. It gives a creamy texture and is perfect for a hearty main dish.
- Honey Garlic Variation: For a different flavor profile, replace the BBQ sauce with a mix of honey, garlic, and soy sauce. This creates a delicious honey garlic meatball recipe.
- Slow Cooking on Low: If you have more time, consider cooking the meatballs on low for 6-8 hours. Slow cooking on low tends to result in more tender and flavorful meatballs.
- Check Internal Temperature: For food safety, ensure the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
How To Store the Meatballs
Store the juicy meatballs in an airtight container or cover the container with plastic wrap. The meatballs do need to be refrigerated.
Crock Pot meatballs, with just three ingredients, offer an incredibly simple and delicious solution for a hassle-free, flavorful meal. Print out the recipe today!
- 18 ounce bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 2-1/2 cups grape jelly
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- Spray the Crock Pot with a non-stick spray.
- Add the barbecue sauce and grape jelly to the Crock Pot and mix together.
- Add the meatballs to the Crock Pot, mix, and cover with sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until the meat is heated through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 585Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1427mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 4gSugar: 54gProtein: 17g
Nutrition is approximate.