The dense, chocolatey, fudgy cake is made out of two boxed mixes and only a few ingredients, and it creates a great recipe that you will want to make over and over again.
Decadent Chocolate Cake
We all love brownies and we all love cake, so why not combine the two for a great dessert recipe.
And, we all have a constant chocolate craving, and the cake satisfies our cravings with the best flavor.
Easy chocolate brownie cake only takes a short amount of time to mix up and get into the bundt pan.
You really couldn’t ask for an easier dessert cake to make. It turns out dense, moist, and absolutely divine. And, it’s topped with a rich and super easy chocolate icing.
My son told me it was the perfect cake, but I should have doubled the amount of icing because he loved it so much.
What Do I Need To Make the Brownie Cake Recipe?
- Butter, melted
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
Full printable recipe with measurements and directions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Brownie Cake?
- Heat oven to 350-degrees.
- For the cake, add the box of cake mix and the box of brownie mix to a large bowl.
- Next, add the water, vegetable oil, and eggs, and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake for about 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- For the icing, add the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa to a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, add the melted butter, warm water, and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Pour over the cake and serve.
Brownie Cake Recipe
Start the recipe by adding the boxed cake mix to a large bowl.
Next, add the boxed brownie mix to the bowl.
Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Now, pour the water into the bowl.
Add the eggs to the bowl.
Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer or a stand mixer.
I’ve said it before, but the great thing about this cake is that it is so easy to make.
Pour the cake into a greased bundt cake pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
TIP: To get out the air bubbles, take a knife and gently run it through the batter.
When the brownie cake is done baking, allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes.
The cake will pull away from the sides as it bakes, making it a little easier to get out of the pan.
I always take a knife and slide it down the sides and in the center of the pan to make sure it’s not sticking to the sides.
I then place a cake stand or a plate over the top and flip it over. It should come out easily.
I used a bundt pan for this recipe because I like the way they look after they bake, but you can also use a tube pan.
Now, you can get started on your icing.
Homemade Chocolate Icing
Start by adding the powdered sugar and the unsweetened cocoa to a medium-sized bowl.
Next, pour the vanilla extract into the bowl.
Followed by the melted butter.
And finish with the warm water. Then mix everything together and pour it on the cake.
TIP: Start off with two tablespoons of warm water. If the icing is too thick, add another tablespoon of water and mix.
Pour the icing on the top and sides of the cake.
The icing covers quite a bit of the cake, but if you’d like to completely cover it, you can double the recipe.
More Favorite Desserts:
These are great chocolate desserts and all are super easy to make. The delicious recipes are perfect for holidays, birthdays, or any time in between.
- Chocolate chip cake – is a wonderful treat with lots of–you guessed it–chocolate chips.
- Chocolate chess pie – this is one of those easy recipes that are out of this world decadent and delish.
- Chocolate poke cake – the frosting on the top of the cake is a buttery chocolate sweet treat.
- Flourless chocolate cake from Southern Home Express is a rich chocolate cake with plenty of chocolate flavor.
- Classic brownies from scratch – homemade fudgy brownies never tasted so good.
- Impossible 5-Ingredient chocolate cake from South Your Mouth has some delicious and fun ingredients including sour cream.
How Do I Store The Cake?
If you have any leftover cake, you can store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
If you cover the cake with plastic wrap, just make sure you don’t place it on the frosting or the plastic wrap will peel it off when you remove it.
The Ultimate Brownie Cake
Check out the rich chocolate cake recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a simple cake recipe that you will love.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dessert on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
We love to hear about how you tried a different ingredient, so let us know!
- 1 - 15.25 oz. box chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 18 oz. box brownie mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbps. warm water (add more if too thick)
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a bundt cake pan.
- Start by adding the box cake and brownie mixes to a large bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil, water, and eggs and mix well with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 55 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Add the powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa to a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, add the melted butter, vanilla extract, and water, and mix until well blended.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
TIP: Start by adding two tablespoons of water to the icing. If the icing is too thick, add more water to thin the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.