I am trying to get in the healthy mode, and why not try with a flavor-filled keto low carb egg salad recipe? It honestly is the best.
It’s low in carbs and high in nutrients, and you can add some variety with ingredients like avocado, bacon, or even hot sauce. And it’s sooo much better than the local grocery store egg salad.
A Classic Egg Salad Recipe Made With Simple Ingredients
Making egg salad is a great way to cut out the carbs and get some healthy fats into your diet, all while filling you up with lots of flavors.
The easy keto egg salad recipe is usually made with hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and a few seasonings.
You can eat it as is, add it to a croissant or sandwich, or even top a salad. It’s a great and versatile recipe and has a high amount of protein. (If you add it to a croissant, or bread it will no longer be keto).
A lot of people take egg salad to potlucks or keep on hand to eat for lunch. It’s delicious as a meal or a great addition to any meal.
Ingredients For Easy Egg Salad
- Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The Low Carb Egg Salad
- Boil the eggs, allow them to cool off, and peel the shells.
- Cut the eggs into semi-small chunks.
- Add the eggs, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and sliced green onions to a small mixing bowl and gently stir to coat.
- Serve in a bowl or over your favorite bread, wrapped in a tortilla, in lettuce wraps, or sitting on top of lettuce leaves.
Variations To Keto Egg Salad
While this classic egg salad recipe is delicious on its own, you can get creative and add a few different ingredients to make it more your own or to switch things up now and again.
I love using dried herbs, and they taste fantastic, but remember that fresh herbs are always going to taste even better.
Here are a few ideas for the easy recipe:
- Add some diced avocado for a creamier and richer texture.
- Sprinkle in some cooked and crumbled bacon for a smoky and savory flavor and a different texture.
- Add some chopped chives or green onions for a fresh taste.
- Drizzle a touch of hot sauce or sprinkle cayenne pepper on top for a spicy kick.
- Experiment with different seasonings, such as curry powder, fresh dill, or smoked paprika, to create new flavors.
- Cut up some celery for a crunchy texture.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Making The Healthy Egg Salad Recipe
Start by slicing the eggs in half and then into smaller pieces.
Add the chopped eggs, seasonings, and mayonnaise to the bowl and mix until covered.
Serve the egg salad or refrigerate it until you’re ready to eat.
It’s great for meal prep ahead of time or when you want to sit down right away to a good meal.
Optional Ingredients For The Simple Egg Salad Recipe
- Keto bread
- Dijon mustard to spice things up a little
- Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise to get some extra protein in there.
- Red onion
- Fresh parsley
- Diced bell peppers
- Romaine lettuce
- Any of your favorite ingredients
How To Store The Egg Salad
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The salad will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator, so it’s a great recipe for making ahead of time.
More Egg Recipes
- Cheesy egg breakfast casserole – this is great for holidays or lazy weekends.
- Egg custard pie – this is an old-fashioned recipe that is still popular today.
- The best deviled eggs – just hard boil your eggs, mix up the ingredients, and you’ve got a great side dish for any occasion. You can even eat them as a quick lunch (we do that all the time here)!
The Best Keto Low Carb Egg Salad Recipe
Say goodbye to dull lunches high in carbs and give the best egg salad recipe a try today.
The classic recipe can be made in so many different ways, is high in protein, and is full of flavor. It’s one of the best ways to get more healthy foods in your diet without sacrificing flavor.
And the best part? It’s so easy to make. Get the full instructions below.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- Boil and cook the eggs, cool, and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half and then into smaller pieces.
- Add the eggs, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and green onions to a bowl and mix until covered.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 571mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Nutrition is approximate.