The holiday season calls for more delicious recipes that bring your family together. And nothing does so better than this cinnamon roll apple bake!
This easy dessert recipe is impossible to resist with that warm cinnamon and apple aroma wafting through the air.
It’s so delicious that you’re going to have to restrain yourself from eating the whole thing before you serve it!
The Best Apple Bake
Apple bake is perfect any time of year, but it definitely hits the spot during the fall season.
Why Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake Is Perfect for Fall
- Everyone gets so caught up in pumpkin everything during the fall. Hey, I love pumpkin too, but I could never forget about all those fall apple flavors.
- The apple mixture in this apple cinnamon bubble-up bake will take you back to your childhood every single time.
- It’s such an easy treat to make, and that’s a good thing when you’re busy with the holiday season.
- All that shopping, cooking, baking, and entertaining can leave your heart full of joy yet make you completely exhausted.
This apple cinnamon bubble up bake is one of my old reliable recipes that takes the stress out of entertaining.
Sometimes, I even make it for Christmas morning because it’s such a special yet simple treat to make.
Ingredients Needed For Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake
These simple ingredients are all it takes to make this apple cinnamon bake that bubbles up for a delightful treat for your family. It serves six, so if you have a bigger family, you may want to double it up to make more.
You’ll need the following:
- Unsalted butter
- Thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- Softened cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Pillsbury biscuits
- Brown sugar
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Step-by-Step Instructions For Making Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake
You’ll only need 15 minutes of prep time and a baking time of 40 minutes to have this dreamy apple and cinnamon treat baked up for your favorite people.
Gather the ingredients for your apple bubble-up dessert.
You’ll start by prepping your baking dish and preheating your oven. While that’s happening, you’ll melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add your thinly sliced apples to the melted butter and sauté them for five to eight minutes. They should be softened at that point. (You can use a 10-12 inch skillet).
- Grab a large mixing bowl and combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Take the biscuits and cut each one of them up into six pieces. Then toss them in the bowl to coat with the cream cheese mixture.
- Now for the fun part! You’ll pour the dough mixture into your baking dish, spreading it evenly all around. Add the sautéed apples on top of the biscuits. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
Bake this beauty up for 35 to 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s golden brown, and the dough is completely cooked through.
Don’t forget to make the glaze with the rest of the powdered sugar and some milk.
All you need to do is mix the two ingredients together and drizzle over the top.
You’ll want to let the apple cinnamon bubble up cool a bit first before adding that glaze, though not too much since it’s best served warm.
Tips For Making The Perfect Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake
- Make sure to use fresh apples if possible. Pick them off apple trees or grab them at the grocery store. They just have the best taste.
- Let the apple bake cool down before you glaze it.
- I recommend waiting about 10 to 15 minutes after you pull it out of the oven before making the glaze to time it just right.
Variations And Substitutions For Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake
- Try adding some pecans or walnuts for a little bit of crunch.
- A fun twist would be using other fruits, like pears or peaches.
- Try the recipe with a can of cinnamon rolls. Just cut the cinnamon roll pieces up!
- If you want to use gluten-free biscuit dough, you can do that as well.
- I like to use Granny Smith apples, but any baking apple like Honey Gold, Fuji, Gala, or Braeburn will do.
- If you’re in a pinch, a can of apple pie filling will also work, though it’s really best when you use fresh apples.
- If you want to add another creamy ingredient to the dish, you can make cream cheese icing. Just add some softened cream cheese to the powdered sugar and milk and mix.
More Easy Recipes For The Fall
- Pumpkin pound cake with cream cheese frosting
- Pull-apart pumpkin spice bread
- The best pumpkin roll with cream cheese
This is one of my favorite recipes for the holidays or summertime. But you can make it any time of year. Serve with a scoop of ice cream, or enjoy it as-is.
Check out my convenient printable recipe card below to always have this simple recipe handy in your kitchen.
Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can of Pillsbury Biscuits (8 biscuits)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Bubble Up Bake
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add thinly sliced apples to skillet and sauté 5-8 minutes or until softened.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar, ¼ cup milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Pull each biscuit from the package and cut into six pieces.
- Add cut biscuits to bowl and stir until biscuits are coated with cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into the 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Top with sautéed apples and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
- Allow bake to cool slightly, then top with glaze.
1. Mix the powdered sugar and the milk and drizzle over the apple bubble up bake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.