Ok, who loves Twix candy bars, besides me, me, me? The caramel is so gooey and nom, nom, nom. And the milk chocolate. Oh, hello.
I made some of these and took them in a Ziplock to pick up the kids after school. I didn’t hear a peep out of them for a few minutes, because they were so busy eating.
These easy shortcake Twix thumbprint cookies are a piece of cake to make, too.
The ingredients and the directions are listed at the bottom.
Add the butter, sugar, and baking powder to a bowl. Make sure the butter is room temperature. If you’re like me and forget to set out the butter, or decide to make cookies at 10 p.m. at night, you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. I usually warm it up for about 2-30 seconds.
Beat the mixture until it’s fluffy for about 1-2 minutes. I love fluffy butter, especially with sugar, or cinnamon, or honey…you get the idea.
Add the egg and vanilla. It smells so good. I just want to stand there and smell it. Ah, makes the world a happier place to smell such sweet things.
Add the flour, one cup at a time. Your beaters might get covered in a lot of dough toward the end. I scraped all the dough out of the beaters and used my spatula. It’s a pretty thick dough, which makes it easier to roll into balls.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and set about 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet. Press your thumb in the center until you’ve made a little indentation. I go a little overboard with the indentation. I want a lot of room for my caramel. After all, that’s the most important part. Oh, and the chocolate. And the cookie. Ok, it’s all the best.
Bake for 20 minutes and set on a cooling rack. I put tin foil underneath the cooling rack, and when I put the caramel on I haven’t make a huge mess to clean up later.
If I could fit my head underneath the cooling rack to catch the dripping caramel and chocolate I would. Trust me.
Add some heavy cream to the caramels and microwave in 20-30 second intervals, stirring each time.
Are you getting excited?
Pour the caramel into the indentation. Let the caramel cool so you’re not losing any when you dip it into the chocolate.
Add some heavy cream to the milk chocolate chips. If you don’t, you will end up with some pasty chocolate and not be able to dip the cookies in.
Microwave in 20-30 second intervals, and stir it up.
Finally, dip the cookies into the chocolate and set them out to cool. And, then eat them!
Check out more delicious recipes at:
Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 25 caramels (11 oz. pkg.)
- 4-5 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 12. oz. milk chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp. heavy cream (more if needed)
Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Add butter, sugar, and baking powder to a medium-sized bowl. Beat until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of flour at a time and mix until all of the flour has been added.
- The batter will be very thick - you can mix with a spatula toward the end so the dough doesn't stick to the beaters.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- Press your thumb into the middle and create an indentation.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add the caramels and 4-5 Tbsp. heavy cream to a bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes - stirring every 30 seconds. Heat longer if needed. (Add more cream if needed).
- Spoon caramel into the cookie indentations.
- Let cool.
- Add milk chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp. heavy cream to a bowl. Microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes - stirring every 30 seconds until melted. (Add more cream if needed).
- Dip the top of the cookie into the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- If the chocolate gets to thick to dip the cookies, add 1 tsp. of heavy cream to chocolate and microwave again in 10 second increments.
- Cool and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest