It’s the perfect holiday recipe when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen and want a delicious dish.
One Of The Best Carrot Recipes
I am all about easy recipes, but I want to have great tasting food, as well.
This really is one of the best carrot recipes because you can have it cooking in about 10 minutes and ready in a few short hours and you don’t have to do much work.
You can save the oven for other recipes while your carrots cook in the slow cooker.
The recipe has great flavors and is a wonderful addition to any holiday table.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Brown Sugar Carrots?
- Baby carrots
- Brown sugar
- Chopped pecans
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Glazed Carrots?
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Add the carrots to the pot.
- Next, cube the butter and place it on top of the carrots.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt over the carrots.
- Pour the water into the Crock Pot.
- Replace the lid and cook on high for two to three hours or until the carrots are soft. Stir halfway through the cooking process.
How To Cook Baby Carrots
Start by greasing the Crock Pot with non-stick spray. Add the carrots.
I have a Crock Pot that came with three different sized pots. For this recipe, I used the 4-quart size, which was perfect.
You can use a larger Crock Pot, but the carrots may cook a little faster.
Next, cube the butter and place it on top.
Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg over the carrots.
Pour the water over the carrots and replace the lid. Set the Crock Pot on high and cook for two to three hours.
Stir the carrots halfway through the cooking process. If they are getting soft after about an hour, then cook for one more hour. But, if they seem like they are still pretty crunchy, then let it go for two hours.
Once the carrots are soft, remove them from the Crock Pot and top with chopped pecans.
If you’d like to, you can toast the pecans before adding them to the carrots.
All you need to do is add about one tablespoon of butter and the pecans to a saucepan and cook for about five minutes while stirring and tossing.
Then sprinkle the pecans on top of the carrots.
I love this dish because it’s a comforting dish and really helps make the kitchen smell like the holidays.
Other side dishes to serve with the cooked carrots recipe:
- Buttermilk cornbread is a simple recipe that can be prepped and cooking in less than 10 minutes.
- Roasted red potatoes go well with the sweet carrots recipe.
- Creamed corn is a favorite recipe that always works well with carrots.
- Homemade green bean casserole is a classic holiday side dish.
- Sweet potato casserole is another dish that brings back the comforts of home and always tastes amazing.
This really is the best way to cook carrots because they come out so tasty and soft, and it makes life a lot easier when you can add them to the Crock Pot and go about your business.
Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe Card
Print out the cooked baby carrots recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is the best sweet carrots recipe and I think y’all will love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dish on Pinterest. If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too.
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup water
- Grease the Crock Pot with non-stick spray.
- Add the carrots to the Crock Pot and top with cubed butter.
- Next, sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt over the carrots.
- Pour the water into the Crock Pot, replace the lid, and cook for three hours on high, stirring halfway through. The carrots are done cooking when soft.
- When finished, strain the carrots with a slotted spoon, place into a bowl, and top with chopped pecans.
TIP: Stir the carrots halfway through the cooking process. If they are close to being soft halfway through the cooking process, check again in half an hour to see if they are softer.
The carrots are done cooking when you can stick a fork through easily.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.