Chocolate pecan pie bars really are the best and the most delicious dessert you need for family gatherings. You don’t have to wait until the holiday season to make them, either.
Why not make them for dessert any night or bring them to a party, especially around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays?
These easy pecan pie bars combine sweet chocolate and crunchy pecans with a buttery crust and a wonderful gooey filling, bringing it all together. They are a delicious dessert, to be sure.
It’s a favorite dessert in my home because everyone can grab one and go mingle – no forks or plates required like you need for the actual pie!
Chocolate Pecan Bars: The Chocolaty Hand-Held Version Of Traditional Pecan Pie
Chocolate pecan pie bars have that same heavenly pecan pie filling along with a layer of chocolate for good measure. They’re a great addition to your holiday dessert lineup or for any kind of party.
They’re absolutely delicious, and they disappear fast. Rest assured these are the perfect treat for any occasion and a great alternative to making a pie when you need a decadent dessert.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
These easy pecan pie bars have been a recipe in my family for so long. If I don’t make them in a while, I’m always asked for them, and of course, I have to make them again.
They start with a brown sugar shortbread crust with a gooey filling, and the finished result of this easy dessert turns out like a pie rolled up into the format of a bar, making it the ultimate hand-held delight.
If you love pecan pie and chocolate, you’re going to love this sensational creation that takes tradition and gives it a new spin!
Ingredients For Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Melted butter
- Light brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
Pecan Pie Top
- Dark corn syrup
- Melted butter
- Granulated white sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Add the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter to medium bowl and mix.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and beat them.
- Next, add the corn syrup, sugar, and butter and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans and mix.
- Pour the pecan mixture on top of the shortbread crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool for at least two hours.
Add the flour to a mixing bowl.
Next, add the brown sugar to the bowl.
Add the salt.
Pour the butter into the bowl and mix the ingredients. It will be crumbly.
Press the crust ingredients into the bottom of the prepared pan.
I lined the pan with parchment paper so it would be easy to lift it out. If you don’t have any parchment paper, you can grease the pan with butter or nonstick spray.
The shortbread crust will be golden brown when done baking.
I took the clips off before baking. I just had them on there to hold the paper in place while I got the crust ready.
Pecan Pie Top
For the topping, start by adding eggs to a large mixing bowl and beating.
Pour the dark corn syrup into the bowl.
Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well.
Add the sugar to the bowl and mix the ingredients.
Next, add the chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
Finally, add the pecans to the bowl and mix to coat them.
Pour the pecan pie bar mixture into the baking dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is set and not wiggly.
Allow the bars to cool for at least two hours before cutting.
How To Store The Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Store the chocolate pecan pie bars in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. The bars do not have to be refrigerated, but will last a few days longer if refrigerated.
Can I Use Maple Syrup Instead Of Corn Syrup?
Yes, and it will taste just as good!
The Best Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
The gooey texture of the pecan pie filling and the melty chocolate are a match made in heaven.
It’s great for when you don’t want to have to slice up pieces of pie. Everyone can snag a chocolate pecan pie bar off the dessert tray. And trust me, they will snag them!
Before you set them out for everyone to enjoy, make sure you grab one for yourself or you will not even be left with a crumb!
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pecan Pie Top
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter and mix well.
- Press the crumbly mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- While that cools, add the eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat.
- Next, add the corn syrup, white sugar, and melted butter and mix well.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix.
- Finally, add the pecans and mix until they are coated.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish over the shortbread crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is no longer jiggly.
- Allow the bars to cool for at least two hours before cutting.
TIP: Refrigerate the bars for at least one hour to get a cleaner cut.
The shortbread mixture will be crumbly when you mix it. It will press together when you press it into the baking dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.