If you’re looking for an easy, cheesy buffalo chicken dip recipe, this is the one for you.
This dip is perfect for game day or any party, and it’s always a hit with guests.
Plus, it’s super simple to make–just mix all the ingredients together and bake. So give this recipe a try next time you’re in need of a quick and tasty appetizer.
Game Day Favorite
The big game is coming up, and you need a dip that everyone will love.
Creamy buffalo chicken dip is the one. It’s an easy recipe, and you can adjust the ingredients, add more ingredients, or leave it just like it is.
I love this dip recipe because it’s super easy to make and doesn’t take long to get it prepped and into the oven.
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe?
Full printable recipe instructions with measurements are listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
- Cooked and shredded chicken
- Bacon, cooked, and crumbled
- Sour cream
- Minced onion
- Garlic powder
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Buffalo sauce
How To Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Shred the chicken and set it aside.
- Cook the bacon and allow it to cool. Crumble the bacon after it cools.
- Add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and cream it with a hand mixer.
- Next, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, minced onion, garlic powder, buffalo sauce, blue cheese, three-fourths of the bacon crumbles, shredded chicken, and one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Spread the dip mixture in the greased pan and top with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with the remainder of the bacon crumbles and serve.
Start by adding the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and cream with a mixer.
I usually set the cream cheese out on the counter for about an hour before I start the recipe. That gives the cheese a chance to soften up some.
If you forget, it’s not a problem. Just cream the cheese a little more with your mixer.
If you’d like to make this a little less fattening, you can add low-fat cream cheese to the recipe.
Next, add the mayonnaise to the bowl.
Add the sour cream.
For those of you that are not big sour cream fans, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead, and it will work just as well and taste just as good.
Pour the buffalo sauce into the bowl and mix.
Add the garlic salt.
And the minced garlic.
The shredded chicken comes next.
Sprinkle one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese into the bowl and mix.
Add the bleu cheese crumbles.
This is optional. People either seem to love bleu cheese or hate it. I can eat it all by itself, so I love it. (I’m a total piggy when it comes to cheese).
But, it’s not mandatory for this recipe. So, if you don’t like it, just leave it out.
Finally, add most of the crumbled bacon to the bowl and mix.
Spread the dip into the small casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
After it bakes, it’s ready to serve. You can leave it in the dish or transfer it over to a bowl. Just be careful, as it will be very hot.
The cheesy dip is out-of-this-world fantastic.
What To Serve With The Chicken Dip
- Celery sticks
- Toasted baguette slices
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Ritz Crackers
- Town House Crackers
More Delicious Party Recipes
- Easy sausage cream cheese dip
- Easy and creamy chocolate chip dip
- Sour cream dip
- Beef dip recipe
- Homemade baked beans and weenies
- Hot dog recipes for parties
- Pigs in a blanket chili cheese dippers from South Your Mouth
Optional Dip Ingredients
- Hot sauce for spicy chicken dip
- Jalapeños to add a pop
- Green onions for added flavor
- Ranch seasoning is always a great way to add a different flavor
- Creamy ranch dip makes the dip a little creamier
If you’re looking for an easy, cheesy buffalo chicken dip recipe that is perfect for game days or any party and always a hit with guests, this one is the answer.
Plus, it doesn’t take long to make–just mix all of the ingredients together, then bake.
Give this simple dish a try next time you need something quick and tasty at your gathering!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and cream it.
- Next, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, buffalo sauce, minced onion, bleu cheese crumbles, garlic salt, shredded chicken, and mix well.
- Add three-fourths of the bacon and one cup of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remainder of the bacon and shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 931mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Nutrition is approximate.