Peppermint bark is a sweet and delicious treat for the holidays. It’s super easy to make and is a great gift for friends, family, and co-workers.
Plus, it’s such a fun dessert because it brings fun and excitement to the Christmas season.
Easy Peppermint Bark Chocolate Candy
One of the great things about this candy is that it turns out wonderfully delicious, and it’s a great gift without the hefty price tag.
You can make the peppermint bark and have enough to give away to a couple of friends or family, and only spend about one-third of the price of store-bought candy.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Peppermint Bark?
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Peppermint Bark
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium bowl and microwave in increments of 30-seconds, stirring in between. It will most likely take about two minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Next, add the peppermint extract and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and spread out.
- Refrigerate the chocolate while prepping the white chocolate.
- Add the white chocolate chips to another medium bowl and melt in the microwave in increments of 30-seconds, also stirring in between.
- Once melted, add the peppermint extract to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate and spread out.
- Add the candy canes (or peppermint candy) to a large bag and break into smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle the candy canes over the white chocolate and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate sets up.
Peppermint bark is truly one of the easiest candy recipes to make.
It doesn’t call for a thermometer or a stovetop.
You can simply use a couple of bowls, a cookie sheet, and your microwave.
Plus, it only takes a few minutes to get it ready and into the fridge to set up.
Start by adding the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a bowl and melt in increments of 30-seconds, stirring in between each time.
You shouldn’t have to microwave for more than about two minutes total.
Add half a teaspoon of the peppermint extract to the chocolate and mix it in.
TIP: Stir the chocolate for a minute or so before adding it back to the microwave. The heat that builds up in the bowl and stirring can help melt the chocolate.
Line a 10 by 13-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the chocolate out.
You don’t need to spread it to the edges, or it will be too thin. Just spread it out and place it in the refrigerator to cool a little before adding the white chocolate.
TIP: If you have room, you can even stick the chocolate in the freezer for a few minutes while you work on the next part of the recipe.
The parchment paper will be easy to lift out when you’re ready to cut the bark.
Don’t use tin foil for this recipe because the chocolate will stick to it and it will be a little harder to pull it off.
Now, add the white chocolate to a medium bowl and melt in the microwave, in 30-second increments until melted.
The white chocolate might take a little bit longer to melt, but be sure not to overcook it or it will get hard.
Again, stirring will help melt the chocolate once you’ve microwaved it a little.
Add half a teaspoon of the peppermint extract and mix well.
Gently pour the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate and spread it to the edges of the chocolate.
Don’t spend too much time spreading, or you will melt the semi-sweet chocolate again and it will come up through the white.
Grab a Ziplock baggie and add the candy canes to the bad. Break the candy canes up and sprinkle them over the top of the chocolate.
Place the bark back into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the candy hardens.
Once the candy is hard, you can cut it into pieces. Store the candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep the candy from melting.
It’s great for gift-giving, parties, or just sitting and eating a piece…or two…or three…
Other holidays treats:
- Frosting fudge is another easy candy that only requires two ingredients and a microwave.
- Butter pecan fudge is one of my most popular recipes and it is out-of-this-world. It’s packed with a buttery sweet flavor and everyone will be begging for more.
- Chocolate fudge with marshmallow cream is another Christmas dessert that everyone loves. It’s rich, creamy, decadent, and perfect for holiday parties.
- You can’t have a holiday without old fashioned peanut butter fudge. The recipe is made with marshmallow cream and real creamy peanut butter.
- If you love peppermint, give Brandie’s white chocolate peppermint pie a try over at The Country Cook.
Easy Peppermint Bark
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start creating! This is a wonderful candy dessert and everyone will love it!
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your peppermint bark on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 - 10 oz. bags of white chocolate chips (can be a 12 oz. bag)
- 2 - 10 oz. bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips (can be a 12 oz. bag)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup chopped candy canes
- First, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a medium bowl and microwave in increments of 30-seconds, stirring in between. Most of the time you will not need to melt more than 2 minutes total.
- Add half a teaspoon of peppermint extract and mix well.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and spread out.
- Place in the refrigerator while you work on the next step.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a medium bowl and microwave in increments of 30-seconds, stirring in between, until melted.
- Next, add half a teaspoon to the white chocolate and mix well.
- Spread over the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Sprinkle the chopped candy canes over the white chocolate and place in the refrigerator for at least 30-minutes or until the chocolate is hard.
- Cut the chocolate and store it in air-tight containers and keep in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.