Easy Christmas Chex mix recipe with M&Ms is a delicious and fun treat for parties.
The combination of melted chocolate, pretzels, Chex cereal, peanuts, and Cheerios make up this salty and sweet snack and is perfect for any holiday party.
The Perfect Snack For The Holiday Season
The Christmas Chex mix recipe is the perfect holiday party snack. It’s super easy to make, only requires a few ingredients, and is always a hit with guests.
Plus, it’s a great snack to put in the kid’s lunch box, or you can add it to some cute and festive tins or bags and give it away as homemade gifts.
The recipe, also known as white trash, is the perfect combination of a sweet and salty snack mix.
Watch How To Make Easy Christmas Chex Mix Recipe With M&Ms
Places To Share The Snack Mix
- Holiday parties
- Kids snack mixes
- Gifts for neighbors, teachers, and friends
- Church potluck
- Office parties
- Movie night
What Ingredients Are Needed For Christmas Chex Mix Recipe?
- Rice Chex cereal
- Dry roasted peanuts
- White chocolate chips
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Red and green M&Ms
Full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How To Make Christmas Crack Chex Mix
- Add the Chex cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and Honey Nut Cheerios to a large bowl and toss.
- Next, add the white chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for one minute.
- Stir the chocolate and pour over the Chex mix and toss.
- Spread the mixture on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the M&Ms on top.
- Allow the mix to set up, or place it in the refrigerator to set up faster.
- Break apart and add to bowls or snack bags.
Start by adding the Rice Chex cereal to a large mixing bowl.
I used the largest bowl I had because it’s a large recipe, and you’re going to be stirring with a lot of ingredients.
Next, add the pretzels.
For this recipe, I used the snaps from Snyder’s Pretzels. They are a fun size and work well for this recipe.
But, any pretzel sticks will do for the recipe.
Add the peanuts to the bowl.
I used dry roasted peanuts this time, but you can use salted or unsalted, as well. Choose what your favorite peanut is.
Honey Nut Cheerios are next.
Toss the ingredients to combine everything and set it aside.
Pour your white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave the chocolate for about one minute.
If there are still a few chips that haven’t melted, stir a little longer, and the chips should melt.
Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex mix and stir the ingredients to cover the mix.
The chocolate won’t cover every bit of the mix, but it will cover quite a bit.
Add the red and green M&Ms and toss for the perfect Christmas Chex mix.
Holiday M&Ms are usually sold around Christmastime, so you shouldn’t have a hard time finding them.
Sometimes, they will sell other holiday colors throughout the year, and you can make the Chex mix for the 4th of July, Halloween, or another occasion.
I’ve used other chocolate candies, such as Reese’s Pieces, for this recipe.
Spread the mix out on a large rimmed cookie sheet and allow it to set up.
I placed mine in the refrigerator so it would firm up faster, but you can leave it on the counter, as well.
Once the chocolate firms up, you can break up the Chex mix and place it into a large plastic bag or bowl for your guests.
You can use a piece of parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet for easy cleanup, but it’s not necessary.
The recipe makes a very big batch, so you should have plenty to go around.
How To Store The Cereal Mixture
You can store the Chex mix cereal mixture in an airtight container such as Tupperware or Ziplocks.
You don’t have to refrigerate it, but make sure it doesn’t get hotter than room temperature, or the chocolate will melt.
- Candy canes
- Peanut butter cups
- Mini marshmallows
- Maple syrup candies
- Reese’s Pieces
- Butter mints
More Delicious Snack Mix Recipes
- Christmas Puppy chow (not for dogs), a.k.a. Christmas muddy buddies – the recipe is made with powdered sugar, Chex mix, peanut butter, and a few more tasty ingredients. You can add different colored candy for different variations.
- Halloween muddy buddies – these are a fun treat for holiday parties with candy corn and chocolate. You can also add some mini pretzels to the mix for some added salty flavor.
- Walnut bacon ranch cheese ball with Ritz Crackers – Cheese balls are a wonderfully festive treat and perfect for Christmas parties.
- Cinnamon candied pecans – grab a large serving bowl and add some candied pecans for a sweet holiday snack.
- Peanut brittle – peanut brittle is a great snack any time of year, but especially around the holidays. It’s budget-friendly and makes a large batch. It’s definitely a delicious edible gift.
- The best caramel chocolate popcorn – this is another delicious holiday dessert. It’s super easy to make and the homemade caramel is off the charts good!
- Homemade English Toffee – With only four simple ingredients, you can have a delicious snack to go along with your holiday treats.
Easy Christmas Chex Mix Recipe With M&Ms
Christmas Chex mix is a delicious holiday treat that everyone will love. It's perfect for parties and gifts.
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1-1/2 cups red and green M&Ms
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Add the Chex cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and Honey Nut Cheerios to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Next, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute.
- Pour the chocolate over the Chex mix and stir until coated (it will not coat all of the cereal mix).
- Add the M&Ms and toss.
- Pour the cereal mixture onto a large rimmed cookie sheet and allow it to cool until the chocolate hardens. (It will harden faster in the refrigerator).
- Break up and serve or store in bags or airtight containers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 10g
Nutrition is approximate.